Chapter 1

Chapter 1 The Death

Three friends sat in a room, in front of  the television set. The gleam of the movie shinned brightly onto all three of their young faces. The oldest was a blonde with green eyes. Her name is Divya and she is also the richest. The second oldest girl, who was sitting on the end of the sofa is Amber. Amber has dirty-blonde hair with blue eyes. The youngest, Carla, was sitting closing to Divya, chewing like a cow. This girl has brown straight hair with hazel eyes that are clearer than a glass.

Divya reached into the popcorn bowl subconsciously. None left. She looked down at the kernels in the bowl. They were black.  They had not popped into popcorn but managed to burn.

“I need to go make some more popcorn.” Divya said finally.

Divya was a fire-element. She could speak to fire and summon it at her very will. She was fire. Divya has never burned in her whole life—except if water touches her. Divya could light herself on fire any time she wanted to.

“I’ll go with you.” Carla said rising.

Carla looked over at Amber and saw that she had popcorn in her lap. Carla took a piece from Amber’s lap. Amber stared at her vaguely and didn’t say anything. Carla took the popcorn bowl from Divya after she stood up. Divya stood and snatched the bowl back from Carla. Divya, then, smiled sweetly like how see did when she was flirting. Amber looked down at her lap where the popcorn butter was staining her white T-shirt.

“I can paused the movie while you guys make some popcorn.” Amber said intently watching the movie. She reached into the couch. Amber pulled out the remote and waved it like it was a lightsaber.

“No, it’s fine.” Carla and Divya stated together. “Whoa, that was weird.” They continued. A strange look was passed back and forth between them. “We did it again!”

Amber began to laugh. This triggered Divya and Carla to laugh as well. Carla took the bowl and marched off to the kitchen, out of sight.

“Come in here and bring your fire powers with you, Divya.” Carla called.

Divya let out a short gasp of air. Then, she too disappeared into the kitchen. Amber heard giggling in the kitchen. Remembering the simultaneous talking, Amber giggled to herself. She tossed the last piece of popcorn that was left on her shirt in the air. She dived off the couch to catch the piece, and she did catch it in her mouth!

But… the piece of popcorn went the wrong direction. The piece had lodged itself in Amber’s wind pipe. Amber began to struggle for her air. Normally, the piece would be out now, but the popcorn being larger than average had lodged itself perfectly so not an ounce of air could be consumed.

Amber finally dropped further to the floor face first. She could not survive without breath any more. A moment later, Divya and Carla came into the room. Divya being as clumsy as she was, practically tripped over her friend. Carla shot Divya a worried look.

“Turn on the light,” instructed Divya.

Carla swiftly ran(her power was speed) over to the lights and flicked them on. She dashed back to the other side of Amber. Divya grabbed Amber’s arm and checked her temperature. She was cold but that was normal for Amber.

“Come on. Let’s flip her over.” Carla said, fearing seeping into her quivering voice.

Divya and Carla each grabbed one of Amber’s shoulders and flipped her over so she was face up. Carla propped her up laying her on the couch. She checked Amber’s wrist for a pulse.

“There’s no pulse!” Carla cried out.

“D0-d-do you know CPR?”

Carla’s eyes bugged out of her head. They looked like they were about to jump out of Carla’s sockets and run away.