Chapter 12.|Long time rivals

Start from the beginning

Breath in then out.

Feeling the clam breeze as well hearing the flustered and anxious students.I tuned them out and focused on the sounds of the animal's feet. There! I quickly released the tension from the arrow. Piercing the animal I'm not sure which one is it though.Then I heard the sound of leaves crunching grabbing another arrow and released that one as well. I closed my eyes again focused on the sounds once again. Right behind the tree. 5 feet away to the right. Grabbing another arrow from behind focusing the arrow to hit within the target range. Arching my arm once again then the release of the arrow pricing through the air making a swooshing sound. Finally ending the sound with the animal hitting the ground.

"Surprised?" I asked him. Breaking out of his faze to be rewarded with a compliment. "Good job Karou-san." Then he proceeded to pat my head making my eyes widen. His hand. I quickly cleared my throat." We should go get them." I walked toward the animal as Takumi retrieved the others. I placed my hands together in prayer. "Thank you." I whispered and grabbed the duck placing it inside the cooler after taking out the arrow. Meeting up with Takumi and putting the rest of the protein in the cooler.

We both entered the kitchen once again Takumi begin a confident person that he is continued to mock the rest of the class."Man,everyone's going for fish because of the Japanese cuisine theme." As if on cue I placed the cooler on our station while silently handing him the cleaned duck. As soon as he showed everyone our protein I could hear student gasping in surprising. "What?! Duck?!" A shocked student gasped. "And there were rabbit and chicken too!" As Takumi continued to talk I carefully put away my bow under the kitchen station and gabbing my knife case. I didn't noticed a pair of golden eyes following my every move since the moment I stepped into the kitchen.

Megumi P.O.V

I watched as The blonde chef handed Fujimori-san the duck. "Karou! Let's go!" The other chef yelled. She quickly put her hair in a high ponytail then she quickly began sharping her knife. Fujimori-san closed her eyes as if she was calming herself down. I looked down at her hands for a second I thought her hands were shaking a little bit but it must have been my imagination.

No more then a second later she quickly started to cut into the duck. Her..eyes..changed? Her knife was moving quickly by every second that past. She's separating the breast and thigh meat with such precision. Despite the speed she not damaging the meat at all but she's gracefully moving her knife with each cut. "Done!" She said with no emotion. She slides down the tray to the other chef. I watch as he makes the same cuts within the meat as Fujimori-san almost finishing at the same time but Fujimori-san was faster. Theirs no break in the work flow between any of the steps as if they been working with each other for years.

But I don't think that's it if you look closely at Fujimori-san black chef coat you could barely see the black embroidery on her right shoulder that says "Fragrance". Their from different restaurants but how do they work so well together? "Well I had no doubt that he'd be at least this good. He had hands that looked like they knew an actuaI kitchen." Looking back at Soma who was carefully observing the blond chef. "Allow me to introduce myself I'm Takumi Aldini. My brother isn't here but we were working in our family's trattoria in Italy." "Trattoria?" I accidentally let slip out.

"Trattoria, in Italian it means a restaurant for the masses." He explained. "I'm also a chef who's been protecting his restaurant on the front lines." He says showing his right arm where it says."Trattoria Aldini". I remembered what you said at the opening ceremony as Takumi began to explain to Soma why was it important to him not to lose to him. "Let's show the world who's the better chef:Aldini or Yukihira."Great.Come at me!" Soma says as he ties his sash around his head. "Very well." Huh?! What's going to happen now?! I felt myself being to panic.