Chapter 1: Richmond

Kennedy's POV

"KK! Wake up!" I hear Kasey say softly.

"Why?"

"We gotta go do drivers meeting and interviews"

"Ugh okay, let me get dressed" I say slowly getting up. He walks out and shuts my door. I slip on some boot cut jeans along with my converse and my farmers insurance t-shirt.

Today, we are at Richmond International Speedway!

I brush my hair and stuff, put a little makeup on and I'm done. I walk out of our motorhome and Kasey wraps his arm around me.

While we were walking to the building where the driver's meeting was being held, I saw Chase talking to Dale Jr. I wiggle out of Kasey's grip and run up behind Chase and jump on his back.

"It's Kennedy isn't it?" He asks Dale as he places his hands under my thighs so I wouldn't fall.

"How'd ya know?" I ask resting my head on his shoulder.

"You're the only person who jumps on my back"

"I feel honored, William" I say jumping off.

"Don't call me that" he says quietly.

"Well it is your name child if I am not mistaken"

"Why are you being such a smart aleck today?" Chase says punching me lightly in the arm.

"Because I wanna be"

"Heya Chase" Kasey says shaking Chase's hand.

"Hey Kasey"

"Let me guess, you wanna hang out with Chase instead of me" Kasey asks me and I nod slowly.

"She always chooses him over me" Kasey tells Dale.

"That is not true!" I say smacking his chest.

"You always choose Chase over me!"

"That's because he doesn't go to the driver's meeting when you do! You always drag me to them and I don't wanna go" I say hugging into Chase.

"Ugh, fine, lets go Dale" Kasey says and they start to walk away.

"Kasey!" I call out.

"What KK?" He asks turning around.

"I love you bubby!"

"Love you too sis" he says and walks away.

"So, what do you wanna do?"

"Well I am having our driver's meeting after theirs so let's not go to crazy" he chuckles.

"Ugh, fine"

"Let's just go back to my motorhome or something" Chase says "Or we could go to Ryan's"

"Let's just go to yours, they'll probably barge in on us at some point anyways" I answer.

"True. We could play NASCAR '15!" He suggests.

"Yes please! Come on slow poke!" I say as I start running and I hear him chuckle as he runs after me.

Once we get to Chase's motorhome, I plop on his couch.

"You're so lazy" Chase chuckles grabbing his xbox 360 controllers.

"I know" I smile. He hands me a controller and lifts up my feet so he could sit then he sets them on his lap.

"It's no fair, Kasey woke you up before I could! I was heading over there until Dale stopped me!" Chase says as we sign into the game. I was playing Kasey as Chase played himself.

"No wonder my morning seemed a little off" I wink at him.

"I wish we could go out to dinner tonight, just you and me. But by the time the race will be over, it'll be late"

"Maybe I can make us a mean peanut butter and jelly sandwich and eat it our way back to Georgia" I smile and he chuckles.

"Wait, you're coming home with me?"

"Only if you want me to..."

"That's a silly thing to say" he smiles and I giggle.

He groans and continues with our game. I was currently 10th but moving on up when Chase was in 13th, that's why he groaned.

"You seem to race better on a real track, Elliott" I joke.

"Oh shut up, Kahne" Chase says slouching back. Our game ends and I finished in 5th and he finished in 12th.

"That was stupid"

"You're just saying that because you finished in a sucky place"

"Shut up"

"That's mean"

"Have you not met me child?"

"I met you like 11 years ago, if that answers your question" I smirk.

"Touché"

"Hey! Your nails are the colors of my car!" He says looking at my fingernails and toenails that were blue and yellow.

"Just for you" I say squishing his cheeks and he blushes.

"Awe! Little Chasey is blushing!" I say ruffling his hair.

"Shut up, Kennedy"

*a few hours later*

It was time for the Xfinity race and I had changed into white short shorts, a blue tank top and some cute yellow sandals.

I walk to pit road afterwards and see Chase getting interviewed by his car. I walk up behind him and wrap my arms loosely around his waist and rest my head on his back. I feel his hands move over top of mine and squeeze them.

"Looks like we have someone joining us" Jamie says. I peek over Chase's shoulder with a smile.

"Hello!" I say standing by Chase's side now.

"It's Kennedy Kahne! How are you Kennedy?" She asks.

"I'm great, how about you?" I ask as I keep one arm wrapped around Chase and he has an arm wrapped around me.

"I'm wonderful! Are you excited about the race tonight?"

"Of course! This track has brought back great memories, like the time my brother, Kasey won here back in 2005. I like this track a lot!"

"What about this guy? How do you think he'll do?" She asks about Chase.

"Chase also has a really fast car! Qualifying in 4th is pretty good! I'm excited to see him win this race tonight!" I wink.

"May I just ask, what is going on with you two?" She smirks.

"Nothing, still best friends like always. Honestly, I don't know what I'd do without this kid because, other than my big brother Kasey, he's my best friend in the NASCAR family and he keeps me entertained and not bored so I'm just thankful for this weird guy I call my best friend" I say hugging him. That hurt to say.

"Well Chase, good luck tonight and it was great to be able to talk to you both! Mike?" Jamie says and she walks away. By the time she was done talking to us, it was time for the pre-race ceremonies.