Day 05.

How did it all happen, you wonder, huh?

Don't worry, you shall not wait anymore!

*_*_*_*

''She will physically heal perfectly, except maybe for one or two scars. Within three weeks, she should be out.''

''Thank you, Angelina, we really appreciate it. Is there anything else?'' Asked Harry Potter to George Weasley's wife, the head healer of St Mungos.

''Well... there seem to be a weird pattern on her shoulder...'' She hesitated handing a picture to the wizard. ''But that's not the weirdest thing.''

''What could be any weirder than that?'' Asked Ronald who took the photo from his friend's hands. On it, you could see Hermione's naked shoulder and back, where a bizarre pattern was inked.

''Malfoy has the same, at the exact same spot. When I verified any other wound on his extern body, that's the first thing I notice.''

''Bloody hell,'' whispered Harry. ''It looks like a rune.''

''That's exactly what it is,'' said Angelina. ''The signification of it would explain why we are unable to detach their hands from one another.''

''Can't believe they are both in a coma and actually holding hands,'' grumbled Ronald in his beard, the icy feeling of jealousy stinging.

''The rune,'' continued Angelina,'' is really ancient. It means soul. From what we gathered, Hermione tried a spell months ago and that must come from it.''

''Other than that, what does it do?'' Questionned Harry, ignoring his surprise and Ron's reaction. (''What?! Are you bloody kidding me?!'')

''Well, the spell can only work on a soul mates.''

''NO. THAT'S A HELL TO THE NO. NO WAY.'' Cut Ron angrier than ever.

''Ronald – '' warned Harry with all his patience wearing thin – scratch that – unexistent.

''HARRY YOU MUST SAY SOMETH-'' He was silenced by a charm coming from his friend, and petrified.

''Let. Angelina.Finish.'' Said Potter, his jaw tightening a little bit more after each word.

''Thank you,'' she flipped the pages of her document. '' So yeah, basically it requires two soul mate to work. It marks them with the rune, and after that, they are bound forever to hear each other's thoughts. Our theory is that Malfoy's soul felt Hermione's drifting away and went searching for it.''

''How is that even possible?'' Asked Harry, his jaw dropping to the floor. In the corner of the room, Ronald eye's were moving from left to right, in an attempt to communicate his fury at the thought that Hermione Granger, is long time best friend, was the soul mate of Draco Ferret Malfoy.

''Asks the boy who survived the killing curse,'' responded Angelina in a smirk.

''Point taken.'' he sighed in defeat, ''Okay, but what happens now?''

Angelina looked over at her two patient, sound asleep, their fingers intertwined. If you looked closely enough, you could see strings of light linking the two hands and roaming the hands of the soul mates. The healer sighed, ''We wait for their souls to come back.''

XX

''Granger?'' Asked Draco Malfoy in awe. ''Where are we?'' He asked.

''I-I don't know.''