---Prologue---

There are monsters everywhere, so close we could reach out and touch them. The only problem is, once you touch them

you can see them.

---

When you were a child, you were scared of the monster under your bed, and with good reason, because there is always a monster under your bed. You just don't have to guts to reach down and touch him, so you can't see him.

And the sound you hear outside your window, the one your parents claim is "just the wind" isn't really the wind. It's a monster, howling to get inside your house and kill you.

That monster in your closet that your parents claimed "didn't exist" is still there, waiting for you to brush against it and see the real horror.

That whole zombie apocalypse thing that people are afraid of is happening right now. In fact, there's probably a zombie standing next you...and it's possible that they're playing with your hair, because they like hair a lot.

Of course, you can't feel it. You can't feel anything they do to you until you touch one. They can't really touch you. Only you can touch them.

Why? I'm not sure, really. I only know that it works like that.

Whether it's an accident or on purpose-though I don't see how it could be on purpose, considering the circumstances-you will see these monsters.

And how do I know all about them? Why is it me, of all people, that can give you every piece of information that has to do with all of the awful creatures living around us?

I'm living with them, just like you are. The only difference is, I've touched one. I'm aware of them moving around us, I can see the zombies playing with your hair, and I can feel them playing with mine.

And now there are new monsters out there, ones that I've never seen before. And they're never satisfied. They always want more human blood. They're always waiting for their next victim.

So few people know about monsters, but now it's time for the word to get around.

Monsters are everywhere.

And right now, I'm running for my life. Let's just see if I survive.