Ch 24

God i havent wrote in forever. i cannot express how sorry i am. i kind of left you on a bit of a cliff hanger didn't i. personally, i hate when people do that and here i am doing it myself. again, i am so sorry. well, hopefully this chapter will make up for any anger and worry you have had. or it will cure boredom. either way, heres ch 24.

ps the picture i posted is what adrian looks like. the guy i changed him to is colin ford. i thought the fit adrian a bit more. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ch. 24

I stared at the ground as I listened to Cloe and her mother walking away. Their words were left me stunned, frozen in place long after they were gone. Dinner passed by in a quick blur and I honestly could not tell you what we talked about or what i ate. I couldn't even told you if I spoke to anyone. My mind was filled with worry over those three words. Whatever it takes. Why did that give me such a bad feeling?

A day passed without anything unusual happening. i hadn't relaxed at all. I was still on red alert, waiting for some quick strike from the snakes, but it didn't appear as if one was coming. that didn't fool me one bit. i was convinced that they were planning something in secret. I just knew they were dangerous. Maybe this is what it's like to be paranoid. it's a strange feeling. Not being sure if what you're thinking is real or all in your head. but, i knew this was real. I couldn't have imagined it. But, that''s what all the crazy people say, isn't it?

Another day and still nothing happened. Was I imagining it all? Was there really any danger? I should have trusted my instincts. Because something very bad was going to happen. And it was going to happen to me.

Four days until the wedding. I was walking around the garden, I seemed to come here a lot when i was upset, when Adrian walked over to me. He was dressed simply, as he always was, and he seemed as if he was stressed. Worried about something. Probably the wedding. I motioned for him to walk with me and he smiled, happily obliging.

"Are you alright?" I asked, staring at his dark brown eyes. He nodded and sighed.

"Yes, I am just worried. I don't want to do this. Why do i have to do this?" He asked, the iris around his pupil beginning to grow red. "It is not fair."

"I'm sorry, Adrian. I really am. Are you're parents still set on your marriage?" He nodded sadly and dark blue spilled over the dark brown of his iris.

"They're not going to change their minds. Whatever i say to them, they always treat it as an exaggeration, the actions of a child throwing a tantrum. There doesn't seem to be anyway for them to believe what i am saying as the truth." Suddenly, I had an idea. I grabbed his arm and pulled him to a sudden stop.

"What if I talked to them? You said that they didn't believe anything that you said, but what if i tried to talk to them. I might be able to at least allow them to believe in the possibility that Cloe is not as innocent as she seems." Adrian smiled so brightly that he outshown the sun. His eyes were a mixture of sky blue and pale yellow, happiness and excitement.

"that may just work. They trust you. You have never been untruthful to them. Anna, how did we not think of this before? Would you really do this for me?"

"Of course. I hate to see you so unhappy." He smiled again and threw his head back. letting out a bark of excited laughter. When he looked back at me, his eyes were the same mixture of blue and yellow, except, there it was again. That mysterious ring of dark purple around his pupil. I couldn't ponder about it for too long because i was suddenly engulfed in his embrace.

"Thank ye, Anna. Thank ye so much." I laughed and returned his hug. As we let go, I bumped into a serving girl. I quickly apologized about running into her, but she assured me that it was alright. I couldn't see her face, it was covered by her dark black hair, but something about her seemed familiar. Perhaps i had seen her somewhere in the castle? It was possible. There were hundreds of servants and it wasn't as if someone was keeping track of them all. Still, she seemed familiar. She was carrying a basket full of apples, which she said were meant to be run to the kitchen, and she offered one to Adrian and I. I took one, it was afternoon and I hadn't eaten anything for breakfast, but Adrian didn't because he had just eaten. I smiled again at Adrian as I took a bite out of the apple. I started to chew it when something strange happened. My vision began to fade in and out. I was suddenly dizzy and lightheaded, Everything seemed to be moving slow, as if I was underwater and my hearing was the same as well. The apple that at first was sweet suddenly became horribly bitter and I spit it out. My legs gave out from under me and I fell to the ground. I could vaguely feel Adrian drop to the ground beside me as he screamed for someone to help. I looked up toward the serving girl and I saw her face. It made sense why she had seemed so familiar. The snake had struck out and I was hadn't moved out of the way fast enough. As the poision from the apple spred throughout my body, I watched Cloe disapper in the crowd of people who had gathered. Her retreating form and venomous smile was the last thing I saw before I was consumed in darkness.