2. Senior Eyes

"Hoy, Alden," came Vic's voice from behind, startling the young actor, pulling him out of his trance.

"Ay- Sir, nandito na po pala kayo," he said, quick to offer his chair to his senior, who dismissed him, making him sit back down as he occupied the empty monobloc next to the one he's using. Vic shrugged.

"Kanina pa, actually. Pinapanood ko si Maine."

Upon the mention of her name, his attention quickly shifted back to the lady in front of the cameras, throwing her lines real well, exuding an aura of confidence. Once again, he smiled; he wasn't even aware that he was.

"..grabe ka naman makangiti," teased Vic, a knowing smile on his lips. Frantic, Alden shook his head, cheeks glowing a noticeable red. "Oh, eh bakit ka namumula?"

"Uy, grabe naman po kayo, Bossing 'di ah!" Denied Alden, whose eyes were wide open, looking like a kid trying to get away with whatever it was that he did. Vic could only smile, mirroring the same bright expression his junior had on his face.

"..masaya ka?"

"Opo, para sa kanya." His answer came in quick. "Pangarap niya po 'yan, eh. Nakakatuwa pong panooring magkatotoo 'yung mga dreams niya."

Bossing noted the change in his expression- in all honesty, Alden looked like a very proud stage father, his eyes sparkling with the happiness he had just spoken of.

Or is it stage boyfriend? His gaze did give his fondness away.

When the director cut the scene, Alden almost instantly sprang up, bringing what looked like a bottle of water and a face towel with him, handing it to Maine, who immediately lit up with a smile.

He watched as the two youngsters chat animatedly, Maine doing most of the talking (as usual), and Alden simply staring, smile never once disappearing.

Then and there, Vic knew which one Alden was.

"Stage boyfriend nga."