1

Our world was turned upside down one night that no one saw coming. You always hear of things like blue moons and lunar eclipses. So when it was announced that a rare blood moon with a lunar eclipse was going to make it's presence known the only people that said it was the end of the world were those dooms day preachers. But for once in their lives they were right.

As soon as the eclipse started everything went to shit. The creatures started attacking and the end had started. I was six years old sitting down to eat with my parents and siblings. We had just turned off the T.V. and were getting ready to dig in, when all of a sudden the lights went out.

At first we thought it was a normal outage we'd been having them for about a week. I remember Mom had gotten up to go look out the window. I'll never forget the look on her face right before her hand grasp the sage green fabric of the curtain. There was a scream like none I had ever heard before. Her face turned white like death, her hand started to shake, then dad was there grabbing her hand and pulling her away. Then other screams joined the first and we all started getting scared. The next thing we heard was something ill never forget. The sound was more animal than human and you could just tell that it was hunting.

Dad wanted to go outside and see what was going on, but, mom was so freaked out she said we should just hide in the house. We had a small fall out shelter just incase a tornado or something ever came through. So we could just hide there until morning yet, just as my mom was winning the battle something hit our front door, HARD. It rattled the house so bad, pictures and nicknacks flew off the walls and shelves. I remember being so scared that I wet my pants. I was only seven at the time and nothing like this had ever happened.

Dad jumped into action and we all headed toward the back of the house. We made it through the sliding glass door right before whatever it was broke through. We had just made it to the woods when we heard it trashing out home.

Dad decided that it was best if we just made it to the other side of the woods where our Uncle Sani lived. They had this bunker they had build for safety they were pretty OCD about all dooms day things. When we got there it didn't take them two seconds to open the door long enough for us to get in. They had cameras all over the place. I remember Aunt Dot holding my hand and praying.