How to un-send a text

Start from the beginning

"Jackson Lowe's Greatest Hits," she read; and then squealed. Ally had been looking for this record for ages. She took it from Austin's hands and just stared at it for a while.

She flipped it around, looking for the price. And when she did, her brown eyes bulged out of her head. She licked her lips nervously.

"Thirty-five dollars," she read. That was quite the price, as she had already spent quite a number on her camisole earlier. However, as she was about to turn around and return it to Austin he gripped her hand.

"Do you like it?" He asked, his expression neutral. Ally frowned, but nodded her head anyway.

"Yeah, I've been looking- hey!" Austin suddenly started dragging Ally towards the check out. Ally watched as the cashier rung up the vinyl and Austin paid without question. Ally frowned as he handed her the plastic bag with the thirty-five dollars worth of old songs.

She just looked at him. He shrugged before scratching the back of his neck, trying to clear the awkward tension.

"Thanks, Austin," she started. "But you really didn't have to."

"I wanted to," he replied, a faint blush creeping onto his cheeks. If she hadn't known Austin for years, she might've missed the way his cheeks lit up. Ally grinned at him before she gave him a big hug.

"Thanks," she mumbled against his chest. His heartbeat was fast, but she oddly found comfort in it.

"You're welcome," Austin chuckled, his face buried in her hair. They detangled themselves before making their way to the exit of the thrift store.

"Maybe we could go get some ice cream or something?" Austin said once they left the thrift shop. The little bell at the top of the door chimed, indicating someone entering or leaving. Ally rolled her eyes at her best friend. Ice cream this, ice cream that.

"You and your ice cream," she mumbled as they walked towards the ice cream shop, just right down the street from the thrift store. Austin ordered up Cookie Dough for himself, and Fruity Mint Swirl for Ally. She watched as the people in the background worked on their cones, swirling the dairy onto the waffle cone.

"You better let me pay this time," Ally told him as the cashier rung up the prices of their cones. Austin grinned and shook his head playfully. His messy blonde hair became an even messiermess, if that was possible.

"No can do!" He pulled out the exact amount of change needed for both cones before Ally could even blink. She grumbled as they left the dairy parlour.

Ally liked days like this. Where Austin would insist, where she would argue. He was only trying to be a gentleman, but sometimes she just wanted to be the bigger person and pay for the both of them. Or for herself. She didn't need him to be a gentleman all the time.

But it was a good feeling having someone there for you. It left a warming feeling inside of her.

"Thanks for the ice cream," she told him as they sat on a park bench slurping away at their melting dairy. The blonde grinned at her, throwing an arm around her as a kind of side hug. Ally pushed him away however, for fear her ice cream was going to cause an accident.

"Hey, that hurt!" Austin protested, clutching an arm to his chest, a wounded feeling plastered on his face. Ally grinned before shoving him again, playfully. What she didn't know what that his grip on his ice cream was very loose.

"Shit!"

Austin's ice cream cone landed right on her lap, where her shorts and skin met. She gasped at the sudden cold feeling, shrieking a bit too. Austin stared with wide eyes as Ally mirrored his expression.