chapter 1 - Dracula

Start from the beginning

Buffy and I were patrolling after dark in the cemetery, facing two vampires.

Buffy tackled Vampire 1 to the ground, making them both roll over the ground. They both stood. Buffy kicked Vampire 1 in the face, making him roll through the air and fall to the ground. 

I punched Vampire 2 in the face repeatedly, grabbing him by his shoulders, kneeing him in the stomach, making him double over in pain, climbing onto his back, trying to stake him. Vampire 2 caught my arm, flipping me off of him to the ground.

Vampire 1 stood, trying to roundhouse kick Buffy. Buffy ducked, leg sweeping his legs out from under him, making him fall to the ground.

I stood, running toward Vampire 2. Vampire 2 tried to punch me. I ducked, punching him in the face, kicking him in the face, making him fall to his knees, spinning to kick him again with a roundhouse. Vampire 2 caught my leg, grabbing my arm, lifting me above his head horizontally, throwing me aside. 

Vampire 1 started to stand. Buffy cartwheeled toward him, kicking him twice in the head, making him fall to the ground, kneeling next to him to stake him in the heart, making him fall into dust. 

I rolled into a crouch, running toward Vampire 2, jumping, wrapping my legs around his neck, flipping him onto the ground, landing behind his head, turning to face him, staking him in the heart, making him fall into dust.

Buffy and I stood, laughing.

I sighed. "Whoo!" I held my hand toward Buffy. "Go team Slayer."

Buffy chuckled, high fiving me. "Oh, that never gets old, does it?"

I shook my head. "It really, really doesn't."

We heard a man with a European accent's voice. "Very impressive hunt." A man with pale skin, long dark hair and a cape stepped out of the shadows toward us. "Such power."

"That was no hunt," Buffy told him. "That was just another day on the job."

I gestured for him to bring it on. "Care to step up for some overtime?"

"We're not going to fight," the man told us.

"Do you know what a Slayer is?" I asked.

"Do you?" the man replied, smirking.

Buffy and I exchanged an intrigued look, looking at the man.

"Who are you?" Buffy asked.

"I apologize," the man told us. "I assumed you knew. I am Dracula."

Buffy's eyes widened.

I smiled in shock. "Get out."

    ~~~~~  

Buffy and I were not completely convinced, but intrigued.

"So let me get this straight," I told him. "You're..." I adapted his accent to mock him. "'Dracula'. The guy, the count."

Dracula showed us his fangs. "I am."

"And you're sure this isn't just some fanboy thing?" Buffy asked. "'Cause... I've fought more than a couple of pimply overweight vamps that called themselves Lestat."

Dracula looked slightly annoyed. "You know who I am. As I would know without question that you're Buffy Summers, and Zoey Francis." 

Dracula circled around us. 

"You've heard of us?" I asked.

"Naturally," Dracula answered. "You're known throughout the world."