Untitled Part 7

Depuis le début

"That is how I solve my problems." Drax put in. He was sitting across from the man they had found in the alleyway who they had forced upon the Milano. Peter knew that having the stranger on board his ship wouldn't do much in terms of helping Rocket, but at this point he was really up to listening to anyone if it had the smallest chance of finding out more on the raccoon's condition. And since, the guy had been the only one there to either trigger or witness the attack, he was their only lead.

"Well, you were in prison for a reason." Peter quipped, watching closely as their captive fidgeted nervously in his seat upon hearing the comment. Drax didn't seem to take notice though.

"I was not convicted for sending anyone into unconsciousness." He stated defensively. "I had removed a man's spine from his body."

"And there you go."

"Quill." Gamora snapped, grasping the half-Terran's shoulder and spinning him around so that he faced her. "We need to focus."

The focus in question shifted once again in his seat. Peter was sure that had Groot not been standing mere feet behind him, the man would have already taken off in his attempt escape from the Milano. Although it was obvious that he hadn't taken kindly to being apprehended, the guardians had found it quite easy to get him onto the ship, which made Peter wonder if he even had anything to do with Rocket's current state.

"Ugh, fine, but this conversation isn't over." He managed through a sigh of defeat. Turning to their mystery man, Peter hardened his glare, looking the man over for any weapons. Although seeing as though he had yet to pull anything whilst being forced onto the Milano in the first place, it was unlikely he had so much as a pocket knife on him, but it didn't settle Peter's nerves either way.

Rogers had made a horrible, horrible mistake of agreeing to come on the ship with the four strangers. He should have run when he had the chance, but his immense curiosity of the long lost raccoon had overcome him. Well, that and the large tree-like creature behind him had walked only inches behind him, eliminating chances of escape.

The ship itself was much larger than Rogers had been expecting it to be. Despite the fact that there seemed to be five living on it, he hadn't expected their craft to be much larger than his own. In terms of money, he hadn't thought that the mysterious care takers of the so called 'Rocket' would have been able to afford anything of the size.

But despite his astonishment and disbelief, the four humanoids lead him onto the orange and blue ship nonetheless. The wooden being behind him held the unconscious raccoon in his large arms after the larger man who for some reason had refused to put on a shirt, had sent the small animal tumbling to the ground with a swift fist to the back of the head. The more human looking man hadn't taken kindly to the fact that their small friend was now unconscious, but led them up the stairwell and into the cockpit of the ship anyway, pointing the shirtless one to lead him towards a separate room while the others walked along side the tree being in the opposite direction.

It hadn't taken long for them to return, the blonde man still ranting about the seemingly unnecessary comatose state of their pet. At least he guessed the former subject was a pet, but he really couldn't tell at this point, and quite frankly, he was too afraid of having his spine removed by the large mass of a man in front of him to ask.

After another minute of bickering between the blonde man and the green woman who still had her dagger in her hand, ready to strike if provoked, the attention was again turned back towards Rogers. "Listen, I don't want any trouble." He said, trying to prove his innocence in the situation. The one addressed as 'Quill' pursed his lips, turning towards him and crossing his arms across his chest, looking the former scientist up and down as though scanning for any sign of threat.