Chapter 6

I felt proud, and so happy. Words could not explain how I felt at this very moment. The nurse said that he needed some space, so he can get used to being awake, and that this is a very dramatic part of the process. Austin must be so confused on wether we are dating, or I just cut him off. I don't even know myself. I just want Justin to get into recovery, so that doesn't really matter to me right now. I went home and showered. After, I got dressed and straightened my hair for school tomorrow. I woke up, and it was finally Friday. I got dressed for school, I wore light blue skinny jeans with a galaxy crop top that says "Dope" on it, and some galaxy Vans. I put on my makeup, and Austin was already outside with Brandon. "We're skipping today, you in?" Austin asked. "Of course." I said. Brandon looked relieved and Austin still looked pissed. "Im sorry Austin, but Justin needs us right now, and I thought you would want to be there for him too, so I gave whatever was happening a break." I said. "I understand, but I'm trying my hardest not to grab onto your hand, so thats why I'm being isolating." He said with both hands on the wheel, he glanced and my hand.

I ran into the hospital, and signed my name. The boys were behind me. I ran into the room, and seen Justin sitting up, and his face lit up when he seen me. He put out his arms, and I auto mantically was going to hug him anyway. I dug my head into his chest and cried. "Thank you Cat." He said. "Im so happy right now." I cried. Finally, Austin and Brandon came in. They basically cried too, Justin was their best friend since they were little kids, I can't imagine how they feel. I hated myself and we've only been friends for months now. When they were done greeting each other, we all sat down. "How have you been.." I asked Justin. "I can't really tell, everything was black.. but then I started hearing songs, and I was drawn to it." Justin said. "Im so sorr-" I tried to say, Justin cut me off. "Its not your fault Cat, not at all. Thank you for the music, I heard you talking to me while I was in the coma." Justin said. I smiled, did I save his life?

"As long as you're better." I smiled. Justin smiled, and I just felt chills go down my spine. He looked tired, and I wanted to just crawl into the bed with him and be there for him. I looked down at the floor, and just smirked. The boys started talking to Justin, telling him the updates.. how much they missed him; you know, that stuff. The nurse came in to give Justin his breakfast, he looked at it and said "Yummm.." he said it so sarcastically. I giggled," you'll be released soon.. trust me". "I hope, I hate it here.. thank goodness I was sleeping the whole time." He said opening the juice. He had some bruises from the IV in his arm, and he seemed so calm. He wanted to get out of here.. I could tell. 

I just keep thinking about it.. I was a nobody, I was "well-known", but I was never popular, and never noticed; never "liked". I was never more glad to meet these boys.. they were amazing. I just can't believe that two boys would like me.. especially them. I just looked down, at my Vans and just got more chills. I began to get cold, and I tried to warm my hands up by rubbing them. I had tips on, they are fake nails that get glued on to your real nail. I painted them mint green. Justin seen I was cold, and got the sweater he was wearing the day of the accident. "Here." He smiled giving it to me. "Thanks." I smirked and put it on. It was big, and so comfy. Austin looked down at the floor, as though he had a depressing moment. I didn't let it get to me, because if I did.. I would upset Justin. 

Brandon was such a great friend, he was the type I could go to the mall with and then just be best friends. He was so funny and ratchet, I know I never really talk about Brandon, but I just don't you to get the wrong impression. I realized I started falling for Justin, I wasn't even thinking about Austin. I was never so grateful for Justin, he saved me.. and I saved him. 

A Couple Days Later

I got ready for school, and felt the cold wind pass me as I was getting dressed. I did my makeup, and then I was out the door for school. I got into the car, and Austin didn't say anything. I hopped into the backseat, to sit next to Brandon. He did our handshake, and then gave me a look. "I don't know whats happening," I whispered. "It might take a little while to figure things out, but trust me.. you will eventually." Brandon whispered back. I smiled and looked out the window. There were people at school asking how Justin was, I told them he was okay. They were like, in love with him. There were people in our school that were shipping me and Justin, and then there were others shipping me with Austin. Its so annoying, because they have no idea what its like having to choose. 

We got to the school, and I decided to audition for the cheerleader tryouts. I went into the gym, and the paper to sign up was hanging on a clipboard. I smiled and signed my name; the tryouts were during study hall. I was actually looking forward for it. Justin was getting out in a couple days, and I invited him to my house after he got released, and we could watch movies and hang out all night. He said yes, and I don't know whats happening, but Im kinda glad I got a second chance with Justin. During study hall, I went to the gym and there was a lot of girls there, some nerds that want to be popular, and then I seen Brittany with the other two girls. They might not choose me on purpose, so this is going to go just "great". I was number thirteen, so after twelve went, I got so nervous. I did a black flip, cartwheel, handstand, and some other tricks that you had to know how to do. 

One of the girls gasped, and whispered to the other girls. They actually clapped for me and smiled. There was a couple of girls that fell on their faces, and started crying. After the tryouts, I went back to study hall, I had about twenty minutes left. Brandon and Austin was there. Austin kept glancing at me and Brandon just started laughing. "Brandon, be quiet!" The teacher said. "Sorry Ms." He said giggling. I quietly laughed, starting to turn red. Austin rolled his eyes.. I think he is mad at me, but what am I supposed to do? Abandon Justin again? I already gave Austin a shot, and honestly him being jealous isn't helping my decision. I took out my phone and tried to play some games, and go on some social medias. After study hall, the day went by pretty quickly. I grabbed my book bag, and took my time to leave class. It was last period, well technically it was P.M homeroom.

Brandon was waiting for me in the hallway, and I didn't even see Austin till after I started walking with Brandon. I feel like Austin and I have drifted away, but even if we did.. I like Austin and Justin as a crush, I don't love them. At least not yet, and honestly Im really scared for it to get that strong. Brandon was telling me about his little sister graduating elementary school, and how he would love for me to meet her today. I said that I would love to, and then Austin started walking next to me. I was in the middle, but didn't pay much attention to Austin. We arrived to P.M homeroom, and I just waited for the bell to ring. After waiting for the bell, it was finally time to leave school. I grabbed my stuff and started heading out the school building. 

I met up with Austin and Brandon after school, and turns out Austin had to go somewhere else, so it was just me and Brandon. We drove to his house, finished up some homework, and by the time we were done.. it was time to pick up his little sister Ally. When we got to her school, I seen her happy little face when she seen Brandon, and she ran into his arms. "Hey cheesepuff!" Brandon said. "Hey marshmallow." She said hugging him. I smiled, and then she went to hug me. "Hi there, you're really pretty!" She said hugging me. "Aw thank you princess, so are you." I said glancing at Brandon. He smiled. She knew who I was, and really liked me; she was so cute, and reminded me of myself when I was younger. We got into the car, I put her seat belt on her in the back of the car. "I didn't know my brother got a new girlfriend, good choice." I didn't feel that way about Brandon, so I responded. "No, we're not dating." I said looking out the window.