Chapter Two: Attacked

Mellie crunched frost under her feet. Autumn was close to being over. It had been a couple days since Mrs. Catzby had killed herself, and all Mellie wanted to do was forget about it. Her mom had recovered from the sight of seeing a dead person, but still tossed and turned at night, haunted by bad dreams. She stalked the rest of the way to school, her backpack heavy with schoolbooks and homework. Why? Mellie thought. Why did the old hag kill herself? Her dad had answered this question before, saying she was old and "troubled" and perhaps couldn't cope with the stress of life. But killing herself? Way too overboard. "Can't she see what this has done to our family?" She wondered out loud. Mellie turned the corner, and was greeted by the sight of Dayview Middle School. She was twelve, like many of the other kids in sixth grade, and she was a teacher's pet, due to her excelling in Mathematics. Mellie noticed Alex's bike on the bike rack, and knew she must have already gotten here. It was 8:00, and school started at 8:30, so Mellie had time to get all her things into her locker and walk to class. She deposited all her things into her locker, and strolled down to room C6, where Language Arts took place. Mellie took her usual seat in the front row, five minutes early, and Ms. Brewer smiled at her warmly. The bell rang, and students filed into C6 in a straight line. Mellie waited for the Queen Bee, Stacy McCall, and her evil subjects to strut into the the room last, twirling their hair, laughing obnoxiously. But all she saw was Callie, Anne, and Maria shuffle in awkwardly. They were Stacy's most loyal (and evil) followers. Mellie thought they looked kind of weird without Stacy. Ms. Brewer began the lesson on capitals and commas, and all Mellie wanted to do was sleep. But she kept thinking about Stacy. Stacy had never missed a day of school, and that's what made her missing school.....weird. By the time class was over, Mellie felt like she got hit by a truck....five times. She walked over to Social Studies. There was a ten-minute interval between, and Mellie braced herself for some rude insults from Stacy, Maria, Ann, and Callie, but she remembered- Stacy wasn't here. She still expected a bashing though. But Callie, Ann, and Maria staggered past her like zombies. They didn't even give her a dirty glare. Mellie wondered what was up. Maybe they just couldn't live without Stacy. She could get used to this. Social Studies was boring, as usual. Mr. Walker droned on about the Trojan War. By the time lunch came, Mellie felt like somebody chewed her up and spit her out. She guessed it was due to stress. She felt sick to her stomach. Mellie staggered towards the school office. "Can I go home?" she asked Mrs. Shannel, the secretary. She was in her middle fifties, and was one of the nicest people Mellie would ever meet. "Why, do you feel sick?" Mrs. Shannel asked. "Yes," Mellie said miserably. Mrs. Shannel called her mom, and soon enough, Mellie was walking home. Her mom couldn't pick her up, so she had to walk home, sick as she was. Just then she saw something. Something extremely abnormal. A dark shadowy figure was roaming the halls. The person was wearing black jeans, a black beanie, and a black sweatshirt. "This isn't normal," Mellie whispered softly. She followed the figure towards the parking lot. Apparently he heard a noise, and turned around. Mellie, frozen with fear, stared at the person. She could not see the their face, and then the figure starts to run. "Hey! Stop!" she shouted, and sprinted after him. The person gained speed, and so did Mellie. She rushed towards him, finally catching up. With all her strength, she knocked the figure down. She wasn't very strong, and the figure got up and stomped on Mellie's ankle. Her foot started screaming with pain. She ignored it, and started hobbling after the person, trying not to collapse. She lost sight of the figure, and kept limping on. When she finally entered the parked lot, the figure was already in a car. With all the strength she could muster, she raced towards the car, which had just started backing out. Mellie leaped on top of it, and was utterly shocked to find what she saw. Through the glass, Stacy McCall was bound and gagged, frantically looking around the car. When she noticed Mellie, she started screaming hysterically. "I'll try to help you!" Mellie screamed. Stacy nodded her head up and down, understanding. Suddenly, the car swerved. Mellie lost her grip and fell off into the street. "No!" she screeched, and watched helplessly as the green car drove away, Stacy staring at Mellie with wide eyes. Mellie hurt all over. She was cut everywhere, scratches covering her arms and face. She had a bloody nose, and was bleeding on both knees. Her ankle screamed with pain, and her left arm was twisted at an awkward angle. With pain in every part of her body, she dragged herself from the street onto the grass. People came rushing out of the the school, who had obviously heard the commotion. Alex got there first. "Mellie!" she screeched, surprised. Principal Howard got there next. "What happened?" he said in his deep voice. "Stacy....." Mellie started, but couldn't finish. "She knows where Stacy is?" Maria questioned, but was silenced by nasty glares from Alex. "T-t-there was this person w-w-wearing black, a-a-and I chased him down, but he got away, a-a-and Stacy was in there!" she said with all the breath she could muster. "Stacy was kidnapped???" Anne asked, her eyes showing fear. "I-I guess so! I tried to help her but I fell off the car!" "Wicked!" A boy said, but Mellie gave him a glare. "I-I...." Mellie started, but soon, everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How was that? Did you like it? I had fun writing it. Suspenseful. Please tell me  if there's any spelling or grammar mistakes. Like, comment, follow, eat waffles.....! Lovely comments get dedications. 😉😗😌😀