Chapter One

13 years later

Sierra's POV

Today is my 18th birthday but I honestly doubt anyone will remember or cares. My brother and sister hate me and blame me for killing our parents. My ex-best friend Zac left me or the same reason. Honestly I hate my self for the same reasons as well. If I hadn't gone after that stupid butterfly and listed to my parents warnings they would be here right now Alive.

I get up from the thin mattress that I know sleep on, in the attic that's covered in dust and I go look in my dusty and cracked mirror. I have dull blue eyes that used to shine like the ocean on a hot summers day. My hair is a dull blond that is now greasy and ratted from not getting the proper care that it needs. My hair used to looks shiny and vibrant like the sand on the shore of the hot summer's day. My skin has turned a pale shade of grey. It doesn't shine at all like it used to. That's maybe one of the things I miss the most about my old self, before all this crap. All in all I look like the walking dead and I feel like it too.

I have bruises all over my body thanks to the daily beatings I get from the pack which I get from doing anything wrong. But I know I deserve them, I deserve everything I get.

Shit! I'm gonna be in so much trouble

I had spent to much time feeling sorry for myself and not enough time getting ready. I have a quick wipe down as I am only allowed one shower a week and I already used it.

I quickly run down to the kitchen to start making breakfast for everyone in the pack. My mind starts to wonder to what it would be like today if my parents were alive.  Naturally I burn the eggs, all of them, well I mean I am one big fuck up. I don't have time to make more. So the pack will have to do without, hopefully they won't notice.

I'm serving and surprisingly it is going smoothly. No one is noticing the eggs are missing they are all talking about the soon to be alphas birthday and the ceremony. The soon to be alpha also happens to be my ex-best friend Zac Padroe. I go back to the kitchen to start cleaning up in their and that also went with no mishaps. Now I'm cleaning the dining room where the pack ate and surprisingly that also went with no mishaps, for once

It is now half way through the day and still no mishaps. This day maybe, just maybe wont be completely terrible.

It's almost time for the main part of the pack to come back from school. I don't go to school because I graduated 2 years early. The only reason I didn't go to university is because the pack didn't want me to, they thought I didn't deserve  it, chances are I'd mess that up too.

When the pack gets home the first thing they do is eat. This is why I have set out food in the dining room of all their favorite things on the dining room table waiting for them.

I have been placed with the hard task of preparing the backyard for Zac's birthday party and ceremony tonight. Fun.

The ceremony starts at 4:30 after which his party will start. During the ceremony he will vow to protect the pack and make decisions for the good of the pack.

After Zac has said his vows my older brother Dylan will say his vows to become beta

"Sierra, where are you?" bellowed Dylan.

"I'm out the back preparing for tonight."

I have half an hour left to get this place prepared for tonight and then I need to get ready for tonight so I can serve the party.

I'm not allowed to go to the ceremony and honestly I'm glad because who wants to sit through such a boring thing.

Ok I'll admit I do want to but I have to get ready for the party and get the food ready so I will only just have enough time to get it ready before the party.

My brother told me while checking that I had everything perfect for tonight, "Sierra go and get at least semi presentable. No one wants vermin such as your self there. Unfortunately you have to be there so don't be a total eye sore and get decent."

"Yes Dylan" I responded in a sullen voice.

I'm going up the room that has my nice dress in it. I still haven't seen it yet as Zac had gotten it. All I know it that it is probably going to be slutty as it was from Zac.

Now that I am actually am in the dress I was wrong... it was even worse than I imagined.

I can now hear the ceremony starting and I haven't even started the food yet. Thank god that the food is only finger food and it doesn't take that much time to make but I'll be cutting it close.

The ceremony has now finished and I'm about to go out and serve the food. The smell outside is overpowering.I put the food down in a daze, all I can think about it that smell. I have to get closer to the smell. I feel that my wolf starting to wake up which is weird as my wolf is supposed to stay dormant until tomorrow evening. Maybe my wolf is waking up faster because of my mate.

I followed the scent to the end of the trail and what was waiting for me. The new alpha, my ex-best friend, Zac Padroe.

------------------------------

this is the first chapter i know it is very cliche and I'm trying to change that but bare with me please.

vote. comment. subscribe. please that would be great.

7