10. The drunken.

Chapter 10-The drunken.

My phone began silently vibrating in my pocket. My hands dived into my pockets to fish out the annoying gadget. Not even bothering to look at the caller ID, I put the phone to my ear.

"So, I was thinking maybe you could come home and we could have a girly night in, I feel like doing something fun," Brooke said excitingly down the phone before I had the chance to say hello.

"Yeah sure. I'll be there soon," I chirped. Before I could say bye, the phone disconnected. I took the phone away from my ear and looked at it weirdly before putting it back into my pocket.

"Where do you need to go?" Michael suddenly asked. He was standing there silently watching me while I was on the phone. It was intimidating and unnerving.

"Brooke just called me, she wants me to head back," I replied. He shook his head.

"What is she? Your mother?" He asked, humorously with a wide smile painted onto his face.

"No," I smiled.

"Certainly seems like it," I laughed slightly.

"We have plans," I smiled. I walked around him and opened the door to get out of the bathroom which was slowly starting to suffocate me, I could mentally see the walls caving in.

As soon as we were out, I saw Liam sat sulking on the leather red seats gazing out of the window. He didn't notice we were there until Michael tapped him lightly on the shoulder. Liam turned around quickly and gazed up at Michael.

"Come on, we're going," Michael announced before dumping some cash onto the wooden table and making his way to the door.

I instantly followed after him, not wanting to be left alone. I was still shaken, the memories flooding back. I now had more to deal with.

******************

"Thanks Michael," I thanked before making my way into the elevator. He waved slightly while the doors where closing. I waved back and as soon as the doors closed I let out a sigh of relief.

After walking home with Liam walking two miles behind and Michael trying to slow down his long strides to keep up with my snail pace, we finally came across my apartment building. I was silently relieved. Michael and Liam came in to check I got to the elevator door safely.

I dragged myself to the door and unlocked it before walking in and shutting it behind me. Brooke was on the couch with a glass of wine watching a film I didn't recognise. Whatever it was it must have been a sad one, she was sobbing all over the pillow she had crushed to her chest.

"Come, sit and watch the end with me," Brooke sniffled. I moved forward and plonked my self beside her. I set my eyes onto the tele and began to watch the remaining minutes.

"Here it comes, here's the saddest bit," she cried. On the screen, the old woman was killed right infront of her family. Tears came to my eyes. It was a sad film in the end. I know I had to watch the beginning some time to find out the real story. When the credits began to play, Brooke and I were both in tears. She turned to look at me with her red, blotchy face. I dreaded to think what I looked like.

"Such a sad film," Brooke sniffed. I nodded my head in agreement. "I need to get drunk," she said exasperated.

"You're going to get drunk?"I asked. She nodded her head.

"I need to. I've had such a horrible day," she breathed while flopping against the back of the sofa and tilting her head back.

She had no idea.