Chapter Thirteen: First Kiss

He was a perfect gentlemen the whole night: opened my car door for me, gave me his jacket when we went for a walk, and then he walked me to my hotel door. It was perfect and I didn't want it to end. I have seen the movies and I knew what would happen at this part. We stood there, smiling at each other, and I trembled under his coat.

"I had a really nice time," I told him.

"Me too, best date ever," Sal said with a grin.

I smiled, blushing, as he moved in closer. He cupped my cheeks and pressed his forehead against mine. His minty breath tickled my nose and I smiled. He must have put in a mint when I wasn't looking. He leaned in slowly and pressed his soft lips against my own. I wasn't sure what to do but I figured I should probably kiss him back and I did. For a first kiss it was. . . magical.

I was disappointed when he pulled away but it was only for a moment to breathe and then he went back to kissing me. I wrapped my arms around his neck while his arms went around my waist. I went up on my tiptoes to deepen the kiss and buried my fingers into the hair at the nape of his neck.

"WOO HOO! GET IT SAL!" cheers came from behind him.

We sprang apart and saw the other guys standing not too far away. Murr stood with his phone, snapping pictures, and I blushed. I hid behind Sal, embarrassed.

"Fuck off, guys," Sal snapped.

"Looks like Sal is getting a little frustrated," Q snickered.

"I don't know why, we just came to see how the date went," Joe replied.

"It's all you were talking about since last night," Q said.

"Aw, were you excited?" I asked, finally coming out from behind him.

"Of course I was. Look at you, you're fucking gorgeous," he replied and this time it was his turn to blush.

I reached up on my tiptoes, of course, because he was quite a bit taller than me and kissed his cheek. Together the other guys coursed in unison: AWW! We both blushed this time.

"Is that your coat she's wearing?" Joe asked. "What a gentlemen."

"Can you guys leave us alone?" Sal asked.

"Sure," Q replied. "Let's leave these two lovebirds alone."

With that, they left. We stood in front of each other, rather awkwardly

"I'm sorry about my friends, they're idiots," Sal said.

"No worries, I have idiot friends too," I replied.

"So you understand then?" he asked chuuckling.

"Yeah," I replied giggling.

"I had a really nice time," he said as he looked into my eyes.

"Me too," I said softly.

He placed his hands on my waist and pulled me closer. He leaned down and kissed me again. It was slow and sweet but full off passion. He broke the kiss and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Goodnight," he whispered.

"Goodnight."

I opened the door to my motel room and walked in, giving Sal one last look before closing the door. I leaned my head against it as I went over the date in my mind. It was better than I had imagined it to be but only because it actually happened and I had actually started to get to know him. I never thought that would happen. It was a perfect end to a perfect day but I dreaded tomorrow because then we have to leave and that meant saying goodbye to Sal. That was going to be hard to do. I hope I don't cry.