chapter 2

Maura's POV

I woke up to the dog getting off of me.

Cameron took him outside and I went upstairs to the bathroom.

once I was done peeing I went back downstairs and said bye to Cameron and walked home since we live right around the corner.

I walked inside and heard Nash in the kitchen.

all of a sudden I felt this sharp pain in my side and fell to the floor.

"AHHH" I yelled

the pain went away. that only means one thing. Hayes got hurt right there.

"Nash, Hayes is in trouble, she kidnapped him or something" I said

I explained the pain and everything.

nash called the police and all the guys right away.

I went upstairs and showered and put on leggings and a tshirt.

when I went back downstairs all the guys were in the living room and I walked past them to go into the kitchen.

"stay in here" Cameron said

"I want food and I need to talk to Nash" I said

"come here" Cameron demanded.

"where's Nash? what's going on?" I said

"nash is talking to the cops about Hayes, they might take you in and question you" Cameron said

"no no no. I'm leaving" I said and started freaking out because as you guys know I'm deathly afraid of cops and I don't know why.

"Maura you're gonna be fine" taylor said

"I'm leaving" I said

I ran out the front door and 2 cops were like guarding the door outside.

I screamed and ran back inside and Cameron was right there so I ran right to him and he knew I was going to so he had his arms open.

he wrapped his arms around me.

"no cam. I can't go in there. please don't do this to me" I said crying.

"listen to me. they are cops. their jobs are to keep people safe and help people. this is to help Hayes" Cameron said

I just took a death breath.

"this is for Hayes. this is for Hayes" I kept repeating over and over again in my head.

"yeah there you go" Cameron said

I saw Nash come out of the kitchen and walk towards me.

"come on. I'll sit with you." he said

I went in holding onto Nash's hand. I know I'm 17 but I look like I'm 12 because I'm short and I act like I'm 10 because I can do what I want.