The Life of an Antagonist...

(Ren's P.O.V)

I walked along with Warechu all the way to a hidden bunker type base. As we approach the entrance, the heavy set camouflaged steel doors slide open with ease, and we enter. For an intimidating base, the lobby of the HQ had a nice foyer. A dark purple room with matching carpet leading up to the front desk, two sets of heavy wooden doors on either side of it. We walk up to the front desk and were then greeted by a perky (In both ways) secretary.

"How can I help you sir?" said the secretary, a beautiful smile on her face.

"I'm here to take this guy to the boss, chu." answered Warechu.

"Hmm?" The secretary leaned forward a bit to catch a better look of the small voice, causing her...chest to pop out more.

Keep it together Ren! I thought while shaking my head. You're better than this!

Oh! Warechu! I didn't see you there!" she says as she leans back against her seat again.

"You secretaries never do...chu." Warechu said sadly.

"Well, come on in! Lady Arfoire has been waiting for you two!" the secretary presses a button hidden underneath her desk and the two sets of wooden doors open up on either side. Warechu looks at me and nods his head towards the right set of doors, indicating where to go. I walk along side Warechu as we enter the set of wooden doors. We take a few steps before they shut close behind us with a loud, ominous (and cliche) *Thud*.

We walk down a long hallway before reaching a set of plain, silver colored elevator doors. I pressed the down button on the side and we waited for the elevator to arrive. The elevator announces its arrival with a cheerful *ding* before the doors slide open. Warechu and I enter the elevator without a word. I look at the button panel for the elevator and only find one button, an arrow pointing down. I press it, and the doors immediately shut. I can feel us descending at a quick speed.

How far underground are we going? I thought. With the speed of the elevator, it was difficult to tell.

Warechu and I stand awkwardly around inside, for some reason, Darude-Sandstorm was playing over the speakers.

Screw it! I can't handle how awkward this is! I'm breaking the ice! I thought in despair as the elevator continued our descent down, with awesome techno music, might I add.

"So, um...how do you like this line of work?" I ask curiously. We've always seen the heroes point of views, but I've always wondered what it's like when the shoe is on the other foot.

"It pays the bills, I guess, chu." replied Warechu.

"That's cool, I guess.....Do you, ever feel guilty about the things you sometimes do?" I continue to ask.

"Nope, I've completely devoted my life to evil, chu. Once you do that, you kind of have to stop those emotions that stop you from doing evil, chu. It's almost a requirement, because if you don't try your hardest to be evil, then you won't go anywhere in life around here, chu." says Warechu.

Well that's a depressing outlook. I thought with a frown. I don't want to be an emotionless soldier that the ASIC can toy around with. I always liked being the good guy in video games, always being Non-Lethal, Picking the boring 'Good' choices, instead of the fun 'Bad' ones. I was a sucker for the Cliche endings, watching as the characters I enjoyed playing as for so long get the girl (Or boy, I don't judge), save the world, etc. Even if my character has to die in the end to save the world, or even a few friends, I still choose it, because it's something I would do...

After an eternity later, the elevator doors slide open.

"Finally! We were in there forever!" I shout as I quickly exit the elevator.