Imagine 10- Sing Me To Sleep

Hunter's P.O.V.

"Hello God it's me again. 2 AM visiting hours are over time for our bedside tug of war. She might not make it through the night again and I'm fighting to be strong for her as she fights for her life. I don't know if you're even tuning in or even caring about her.. But what do you need from her? I need her so much more than what you do." I prayed as I sat in the hospital's chapel room. "I know I don't pray enough and I know I don't say thank you to you enough and I certainly don't go to church every Sunday.. I'm a busy man just like you.. And I know she's been sick for a long time now and I knew what I was getting myself into when I fell in love with her I knew her medical issues came wrap in a deadly bow with her ... But please don't you know she's my angel I'm sure you got plenty of your own she already got a home.. And praying is all I have left I'm at your mercy here I know there's no use in beggin because I know you probably already made up your mind but if you take her tonight will you make sure she looks both way and make sure she choose the right path.." I looked down at my feet and I wiped my eyes "Just please don't take her at all.. I need her please, please she will be yours one day please don't let that be today."

The door to the little church opened and Devo one of my best friends walked in saying "Hunter she's needs you, you can't just hide out in here and hopes it all goes away it's not." I watched as he wiped his eyes with the back of his hand. This has been hard on everyone. Everyone loves her just as much as I do ok maybe I love her a lot more than everyone else.

"Amen." I said softly and I got up wiping my eyes. I walked past him and he grabbed my shoulder.

"I'm sorry but Hunt I don't think she's going to make it through the night."

"I know you don't need to remind me." I told him as I walked away. I went into her room, the room was dead silent other than for her whole family was sitting around her and giving her kisses, hugs, telling her that God lights her path, and that they love her everyone looked at me and they walked around me and out of the room giving her and I some privacy. "Hey beautiful." I told her as I held back my tears I hate to see her like this I wish I could make all her pain just go away.

"Hunter." she choked and I gave her a fake smile it hurt to much to think about her..

"How are you feeling Kathrine?"

"I'm okay."

"Are you really?"

"No I'm just trying to make you feel better... I hurt all over."

"I'm sorry I wish I could make it all go away. I really do. I really wish it was me and not you."

"I know you do.. But I wouldn't want to go through what you have to go through I really want to make it go away for you."

"I really wish both of our pain went away but it's ok." I grabbed her hand in mine and I sat in the seat next to her.

"Do you remember when we first met all those years ago?" she asked.

"How could I forgot." I told her as I kissed her hand. "You were dancing."

"And you came up behind me and you started dancing with me thinking I was your girlfriend."

"Yeah and I broke up with that girl like ten minutes later and then I took you out for coffee."

"That was the best coffee I have ever tasted in my entire life and I don't even like coffee especially if it's not off your lips." I smiled at her for real this time no matter how sick she is or how well she is she still always without doubt puts a smile on my face. "Remember our wedding day and it got rained out and we had to have it inside instead of having it on the beach because a hurricane decided to pass through?"