Day 00.

Dedicated to xxBeckyFoo because she has been such an inspiration.

*_*_*_*

Draco fell heavily on his sofa. As usual, his flat remained silent and came to life only when he dared to move. In the fireplace, blue flames were tainting everything in the room, from the walls to the furniture. The color soothed him down.

He closed his eyes, sighing as he rubbed his temples with his fingers. He had a terrible - scratch that - painfully endless day. As a trained and experiences auror, he was used to it. But that particular case was awful. Even though he possessed one of the most brilliant minds within the department - after Granger, that is - this case remained comparable to a puzzle.

Speaking of that witch, he had an appointment with her the following day, something to do with similarities between their cases, or so she mentioned.

The young man had been investigating on a serial kidnapper double with killing tendencies. Yet the criminal had a particular pattern. He kidnapped young women, aged between 18 and 23, who were mostly attractive and with similar traits. They all had dark hair and brown eyes, their frames were petite and fragile. He didn't seem to make the difference between muggles and wizards. After taking these victims away, he used the imperio curse to force them into non-consenting sex relationships. He kept them into his captivity for 28 days, crucioed them the last 7 of them - for his own entertainment - and then he would kill them with the last remaining Unforgivable curse.

The three forbidden curses were used as a combination, always. As Draco rewinded his day in his head, the blue light of the fire seemed to glow brighter. Out of curiosity, he opened his eyes. Floating in the middle of the living room was a weak patronus, barely glimmering and not defined enough to recognized the animal.

''H-Help!''

The word echoed in the empty air and hurt Draco as he was hurt by a spell. He jumped at the noise an owl knocking on his window made. He opened the window, took the piece of paper. He read it once, than twice but aloud this time to let the words sink in.

''Your suspect struck again. Please come fast to your office.

It's Granger.

- Zabini. ''

Cursing under his breath, Draco grabbed his coat and his wand, and flood to his office. Potter, Weasley and Zabini were already waiting for him. Weasley was sat in the corner of the room, Potter was pacing and Zabini was nonchalantly looking through the large window. As soon he stepped in, the two members of the Golden Trio directed their attention on the blond man. Before could speak, Draco raised his hand to keep them quiet.

''When did it happen?''

He silently enchanted a quill and a roll of parchment to take notes while Potter and Weasley were speaking. Floating close to the man, as if it needed to hear them speaking with attention, the quill began to move.

''We know nothing Malfoy,'' Started the Weasel. ''Harry and I left yesterday around 8, she was still working.''

Typical Granger, thought Draco as he brows knitted together. He took off his coat and sat lazily on his chair as he watched the two men display the clues. Still skeptical about the little few he yet had, Draco sighed, his eyes closing briefly.

''Lads,'' he whispered in a hurt hush,'' We've got 21 days before Crucio, 28 before death. Pray Merlin we will find her sooner than that.''

Potter's eyes glimmered sadly and Weasley sat back, his face hidden by his large freckled hands. He started to sob nut cold-hearted, Draco continued to speak as his sidekick, Zabini, was now awkwardly patting the redheaded wizard.

''Potter, I need access to her flat, her office, well - everything that belonged to her. Weasley, I want the files she was working on. Zabini, I want a detailed report of her last 72 hours of freedom, no white gloves. Do what you have to do. Potter, Weasley, if anything comes back to you, even the slightest details, contact me. I need to know the mind of Hermione as if I were one of you two. This may be our only chance to catch that psychopath. ''

''Malfoy,'' interrupted Harry,'' How many girls have you saved from him yet?'' He questioned timidly. Draco's eyes darkened at the question.

''None, Potter. ''

In the corner of the room, the sobs grew louder.

Who would've thought the Weasel was such a sentimental lad?

XX

Hours after he had given his orders around, Draco's office was buzzing like a dragon nest.

''Call it a night lads, be there tomorrow at 6. Zabini, I want that awful thing muggle call coffee tomorrow morning.''

''Never was, nor am, OR WILL EVER BE your maid Malfoy.''

Draco glanced at him over the file of paper constantly accumulating on his office.

''Coffee it is, sir,'' whispered Zabini in a high pitched voice, he couldn't believe he failed, again, to put down his feet against Draco's will.

As people started to go back to their respective home, Draco took the case Granger wanted to meet him for. For the last past hours, he had been building a wall of clues, just like in muggle tv shows. Pictures, notes and clues were pinned to his wall, strings making links between everything. It looked like a complete mess, but it was all he had.

Hermione Granger - Case HG24601

The file in which all the information was written was locked, which was bizarre because unlike a door or a vault in Gringots, he didn't understand the point to lock a simple pile of paper.

He concentrated to feel the charm, took his wand and made a few circled movements. At first, nothing happened. Then, the file in his hand flattened to a simple, old and overused piece of parchment. The file had turned into a wordless and frankly useless bloody piece of parchment.

Though Draco tried to find something on it, he couldn't. He felt another charm was resisting his magic.

''What are you hiding, Granger?'' he whispered to himself caressing the mysterious object in hope something would appear.

All of sudden, words appeared in the middle of the parchment.

''Hogwarts: A History, incoming.

- HG.'' It read in an incredibly cursive writing.

''What are you trying to say?'' He asked to himself. ''For Merlin's sake Granger, for once, could you be precised and clear?''

But before he could think this further, he fell asleep on his desk.

He woke up two hours later when, again, two owls were knocking on his window. Both of them shared the weight of a book, a very precised book.

As he turned the page of Hogwarts: A History, he notice notes were written between the phrases and on the sides of the pages. Furthermore, very few numbers of pages were circled. His attention was drawn to back cover, were a stain of a substance remained.

Blood.

*_*_*

Hi guys! So this is my first Dramione ever! I am thrilled to post it here, on Wattpad. I am almost done with writing it, please leave comments.

Oh and please, don't just say ''this sucks'' but if you want to comment, let it be constructive!

So what do you think?

PS; Of course, credit goes to Queen JK.