Beauty And The Geek

Start from the beginning

"No, that's alright," Camila said as she went to grab the bag, "Well thank you for your help," she politely added with a slight wave.

Lauren was sad that she was leaving, she wished she had the balls to ask more about the girl before she left, her phone number, her name, anything. Her mind went to sort of a field of distress where she now couldn't form words in response, "Uh, th-thank you fo-for, uhm, being you!" What? Lauren thought to herself, cringing at what she just yelled out to the girl. Camila loudly laughed in response, saying her final goodbye before walking out the door; Lauren just bashfully waved, watching her even after she left.

This encounter only assured Lauren that she will never have the ability to get a girl, she sighed in defeat, slumping back in her chair. "At least, I have you Princess Peach," she mumbled, getting ready to finally complete this level.

--

"Honey, I'm home!" Normani called out to her roommate as she entered their share apartment. She eyed Lauren suspiciously as she saw her slam her laptop closed when she saw Normani walk in, "Whatchaaa doin'?"

"Nothing," Lauren replied in a not at all believable voice, "So, how was class?" Lauren asked, trying to change the subject.

"Lauren Jauregui open that damn laptop right now," Normani demanded causing Lauren to wince. She hated when Normani used her authoritative voice, that's when she knew that she was in trouble. Lauren opened the laptop, causing Normani to look at the screen in confusion; it was a sequence of letters and symbols that looked like html code or something of that weird computer nature that Normani knows nothing about. Lauren is a computer science major, Normani was a dance major, anything Lauren did on a computer looked like gibberish to her, so what Lauren was showing her could mean literally anything. "Lauren, what the fuck is that?"

Lauren blushed then tried to nonchalantly reply, "To put it simply, I, uh, I was trying to hack into the college system."

Normani's eyes bulged out of their sockets, the vein on the side of her neck popped out as she yelled, "WHAT? ARE YOU TRYING TO GET US IN JAIL? WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT?"

Lauren gulped, pushing her glasses up that were falling off the bridge of her nose, "I was trying to find a girl..." she softly replied, Normani barely able to make out what she said.

"You were trying to find a girl?" Normani's voice was lower, making Lauren think she was done yelling at her, she was wrong, "GO ON TINDER THEN, YA DUMBASS!"

"I wasn't just looking for any girl, I was looking for a specific girl," Lauren explained, changing Normani's demeanor significantly though she still let out a sigh. Normani was used to this behavior, she knew that when Lauren crushes, she crushes hard. She sat back more calmly into the couch as Lauren told her about the girl that came into the bookstore today, like literally everything about the girl. Lauren didn't just go over a play by play of what happened but she also when deep into detail of Camila's appearance, from her 'chocolate brown eyes' to her 'long dark brown hair that almost reached her slim waist' to her 'perfectly symmetrical face'; leave it to Lauren to compliment someone's facial symmetry. If Normani had a sketchbook and drawing ability she might just be able to use Lauren's description to make a sketch identical to this girl.

"Okay, how bout instead of hacking into the school system, you just try to find out where her classes are, you do remember her classes right?" Normani asked, surely Lauren would miss out on such a simple detail.

Lauren looked off into thought, trying to remember the names of the textbook so she could figure out what classes they could be for, "Uhm, there was a psych one I think."

"Okay, so she'll probably be around the science building building on the psych floor, that doesn't really narrow it down though," Normani knew it wouldn't help Lauren find her immediately but anything was better than hacking a whole college system; something that Normani didn't doubt that Lauren had the ability to do. Suddenly, Normani's face brightened up as she gets an idea, "I know exactly where you can find her."