O5. play dates and science projects

Start from the beginning

"where parents?"

"wight there" she said pointing at the couple on the other side of the yard. the three of them walked up to the worried couple.

they were both looking around for who marcus assumed to be tris.

when they finally spotted the little girl they let out a breath of relieve and hugged tris when she jumped up in their open arms.

their eyes then landed on tobias who was shyly hiding behind marcus's legs.

Caleb who was inside the car already was pressing his face against the window trying to see who that boy was and why he was with tris so much.

"hello, my name is marcus eaton. this is my son, tobias"

"hewo" tobias greeted waving his hand. andrew and natalie smiled and murmured a soft hello with a wave.

Marcus looked at andrew who was staring at him with his mouth wide open.

"is everything okay?" Marcus asked with furrowed brows.

"mark its me, drew" he said. at first he was just plain confused but then memories from his high school days started coming back and he gasped, pulling the man to a hug.

the two embraced each other as the kids and natalie looked them with raised brows.

"I haven't seen you in fifteen years" marcus said as they pulled back.

"i know, i missed you mark"

"uh.. what is going on?" natalie asked as she looked back and forth between the two smiling men.

"this is marcus, we were best friends in high school but lost contact when we went to college" andrew explained.

"oh, well nice to meet you marcus" natalie said and he smiled shaking her delicate hand.

"well why don't we come back to our house, yeah? the kids can play together" andrew suggested as he lifted up tris.

"and do pwoject?" tobias stepped in smiling up at tris who giggled at him.

"yeah of course bud" Andrew said ruffling his hair.

"alright I'll follow you then"

the two families got in their cars and drove back to the prior's home which wasn't that far away.

as soon as tobias and tris were set down, they ran together inside the house and out to the backyard with their book bags strapped to their shoulders.

they sat down on the swings and began putting the ants they had collected inside a see through flat box the teacher had given them. it was like a maze and the two kids giggled as they watched the small insects run around.

"lunch guys" Natalie said as she opened the door and peeked her head. tobias slid off the swing and helped tris down, intertwining their fingers before walking back inside the house.

the three adults watched in amusement as tobias pulled tris' chair back and helped her seat in the kid's table.

"young love" Natalie cooed.

"what can I say? my son got the looks from me" marcus said and andrew laughed.

"yeah well he better watch it with my daughter"

Marcus smirked and continued eating his steak.

caleb who was eating in the living room kept glances at tobias. he didn't know if he should trust the boy with his little sister.

even though he was only five, he was very protective of tris.

"caleb? everything alright honey?" his mom asked. he looked up and nodded slowly before turning his attention back to the tv, chewing on his sandwich.

Natalie was about to grab their plates and hand them to the younger ones when tobias stood up and made grabby hands.

she looked confused but placed the two plastic plates with sandwiches in his hands.

he beamed and then walked back to tris, setting the two plates on the table and kissed her cheek, "here go pwincess"

"thank you" she smiled.

andrew looked at a smirking Marcus, "and charming too. my son has it all"

after lunch tobias and tris played as the adults chatted. caleb was doing his homework on the kitchen while the younger ones watched a movie.

when the sun started setting Marcus got up and said his goodbyes.

he smiled widely when he walked back in the living room. tobias and tris were cuddled up together in the couch. his hand around her waist, chin on top of her head and she was snuggle up in his chest.

it was the cutest sight ever and Marcus almost didn't want to pick up his son because he looked so happy. but he had to.

and when he did it was like tobias sensed tris wasn't in his arms anymore because he whimpered and trashed around a little.

he finally calmed down after Marcus rocked him back and forth but there was still a frown in his face.

and wow, his son was seriously in love with the pretty little girl.

his princess.

•••
I don't like this book much but k guess it's because it's not a 'serious' one like the others I've written/ am writing. but I'll finish it because some people seem to enjoy it and I want to thank you for your comments and votes.

I read them all don't think I don't, I just don't answer because I dunno what to say :3

I'm gonna post the next chapter soon begin working on "open your eyes" so I can have the next chapter ready by Friday.

happy Sunday :)