"Look aubri, we finally have some of us on their side, so we have to make a statement. Your on the inside. This relies on you and Trina."

"No no no. I'm not risking my spot on this team for your favor. This is my chance to make a name for myself and its not going to be a bad one." I argue with him. I watch as the anger flashes across his eyes, he then suddenly pushes me against my locker and get in close to my face.

"Listen Aubri. I'm not going to play any of these games with you. Your going to cheer in a red T-shirt and thats final." He speaks slowly. Now Ricardo would never hurt me, but he would try to rough me up to scare me.

"No I'm really not."

His hold get tighter on me "Aubri-"

"Let go!" I interrupt him.

"Listen to me-"

"Is there an issue here?" Colt comes up directing the question to Ricardo.

"No." I exclaim, knowing colt interceding will only make things worse for both of us.

"Who the heck are you?" Ricardo releases me.

"No one." I say quickly.

"Colt. Just transferred. Whats going on? " He sticks out his hand. Ricardo denies it.

"Nothings happening. Get outta here."

"I don't like to see a women disrespected and it sure didn't look like nothing."

"Its not disrespect its keeping her in line." Ricardo steps closer to Colt.

"If violence is the only way you can keep your girl in line then she obviously doesn't care to be with you."

"Whats that supposed to mean?" Ricardo shoves Colt.

"Woah woah stop!" I intercede seeing Colt ready to swing back. Ricardo grabs my pony tail swinging me into the lockers. Ricardo goes after Colt letting a full blown fight break out. "Stop! Stop." I say from a distance knowing Ricardos not above pushing me out the way especially now that he's mad.

Eventually some guys break them up, because the school won't intercede if one of us are involved. It is above there protocol.

"I don't want you hanging around him" Ricardo grumbles before dashing off.

I glare at Colt quickly before dashing off. Great. This is just great.

"What the heck happened earlier?" Trina ask me later that day, as we are changing in the locker room for the rally. This is the first time we've even had time to talk since this morning.

"I don't even know to be honest." I shrug as I tie up my sneakers.

"Colt likes you. A lot."

"No he doesn't"

"Sorry hon. But no white guys gonna stand up ad fight your sorta gang leader boyfriend 'just because'" She states. And in all honesty shes right.

"Okay lets just drop it for now" I motion to her as we meet the girls at the edge of the gym where it was already filled with students.

"Okay guys. Lets not mess this up." Carly tells the team, but seemingly focuses on just me and Trina. Of course.

We wait for our cue then stand across the gym in a line, each one and a half feet apart just like planned. Its customary that the girls each get introduced at the first rally. Then the football team will join us.

"Introducing this years Captian, Carly." Insert loud applause here. As she does a round off back hand spring a little to show offy.

"Co captiain Stephanie!" Instert loud appalouse as she kicks up her leg arms in a v-formation her smile wide and cheesy.

They continue to name us off, of course me and Trina last. "Aubri" insert slightly pitiful applause here. When they announce my name I do two pirouettes before swinging my leg up straight behind me. Take that.

We then get into formation for our opening cheer. Carly counts us off before the fast beat music starts. When the cheer ends I take a deep breath enjoying the applause.

"That was great guys." Carly compliments, more or less to us, after the rally. "Go get ready for the dance. See ya'll tonight."

"What are you wearing?" Trina asks stepping into my room a few minutes before were leabing for the dance. I have on a simple white sundress and my hair let loose. Nothing fancy.

"This." I point to my outfit. Shes wearing a black skirt and loose drapey purple top. That I think is mine to be honest.

I pull on brown sandals before skipping outside with her.

I'm kinda nervous about meeting Colt now after the fight, but I guess we will see how this goes.

_________________________

Guys I know I'm slacking! Bare with me! Starting June first updates will be regualar and often! Sorry I've been so busy with the end of the year stuff. Thanks!!

Love you all

Vote

Fan

Comment

Xoxo