The Sister's Nagini

(Lily's POV)

"Oh my gosh, Mummy, Daddy, he's so cute!" I gushed at the reptile house souvenir shop.

There was a live snake for adoption.

And so cute!

I mean I couldn't see the snake that was supposedly an Inland Taipan, the most poisonous type of snake, but the egg said it all. 

"Eh Lily, wouldn't that be quite dangerous?" Dad asked tensely as his grip on a struggling Harry tightened.

"Don't worry, Daddy, I did research on snakes before, I can restrict them. PLEASE? That'll be my only birthday gift!"

Pray pray that my puppy eyes will be good.

Well duh, they're always good.

Oh and cool fact, my birthday is on the same day as Harry's! 

"Oh dear, that will not be your only. We'll get you that snake, right Vernon?" Mum looked at him meaningfully and Dad sighed. 

"Of course."

I watched Dad walk, dragging Harry along, talking to the person in charge of the egg and soon returned carrying a glass case the size of 3 of my heads with the egg inside.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crack.

Crack.

Crack.

Hiss.

Oh gosh, the little snake's hatching!

Out came a little snake the size of two middle fingers, and in a fade-style green and silver coloured one as well.

Perfect.

"Hmmm...cute little guy." I cooed at the baby snake, then gasped.

I was hissing!

"Hey, I'm a girl!" The snake hissed back.

"You can talk?" I asked, realising I was still hissing.

"You can talk to me?" The snake asked back at the same time.

I smiled.

"Sorry. Anyways, I'm Lily. I think we should get you a name..." I trailed off, wondering what to name this little Inland Taipan.

"Nagini?" The little girl snake hissed hopefully.