Chapter One

January 27th, 1989, 4:27 am

I can't believe I'm right here, in the waiting room of the maternity ward, waiting to see my first child. I'm really meant to be doing my last show for the Bad Tour, I would've been there if I hadn't had gotten the phone call from the hospital last night.

Almost exactly nine months, there was this girl in the VIP lounge, her name was Camilla. A very beautiful girl she was, long blonde hair, blue eyes, and I'll never forget how she kissed me with those red lips of hers. She and I both had a little bit too much Vodka that night and we had sex in my dressing room.

After that night we never saw each other again, never made contact...until I got a phone call late last night from a really nice doctor.

*flashback* January 26th, 1989, 10:54 pm

"Mr Jackson, your partner is in casualty, she has just gone into labour," the doctor says over the phone, slightly muffled.

"W-what?..." I say stuttering "I'm sorry but I believe you have the wrong number"

"No, I'm telling you, your girlfriend is about to give birth. Camilla O'Malley?"

Camilla O'Malley...how does that name sound familiar?

Suddenly all the blood runs straight to my legs.

"Oh shit! Camilla! That one night stand! Fuck!" I say out of shock

*now*

I was so shocked, still am to be honest. I said nothing after the doctor told me, I just hung up and went straight to the hospital. When I got there the doctor told me that Camilla, in fact, did not want me in the room, and that she wanted to ditch me with the baby. She pretty much wants nothing to do with me.

I see another doctor come out of one of the rooms with someone in a wheelchair...and that someone, is Camilla. God, she looks terrible, messy hair, face totally different, almost like she's been taking crack, definitely not the Camilla I lost my virginity to 9 months ago.

As the doctor slowly goes past me, Camilla gives me the dirtiest look, her eyes filled with fury.

"Thank you for ruining my whole life, Wacko...you jerk" She says in an angry husky voice. The doctor continues to push her down to the exit.

God, she really pushed my buttons just then. I'm actually pissed off at her. Why? Why would she say that? I didn't even ruin anything, she didn't want the baby in the first place.

"Mr Jackson," a female nurse's voice says from behind me. I turn to make eye contact with her

"Would you like to see your daughter now?" She comes out of the same room Camilla came out of, pushing a bassinet with a little baby wrapped in a pink blanket. I stand up and walk over to take a closer look.

At that moment, sparks of happiness come at me.

There, I see the most beautiful baby girl, staring right back at me with her big brown eyes which she got from me. She's gotten everything from me; my eyes, my lips, my nose, and even my hair colour.

I can't help myself but to hold her. I pick her up from the bassinet, holding her close to me.

"Hey there little one," I say to her softly, smiling, stroking her delicate face with my finger which she then wraps her little hand around. I try to fight the tears coming to my eyes. "Daddy promises you he will do whatever it takes to raise you right." My voice is beginning to crack as I speak to her.

This is amazing. I've only just met this little girl and I've already fallen in love with her.

"She is so beautiful," says the nurse from behind me. "What do you think you'll name her?"

"I think I will call her... Madeline...Madeline Kate Jackson..."

My daughter continues to look up at me. I take her close to me and kiss her head. I look back at her, she's giving me a big smile.

"I love you, Maddie..."  I say, getting her snuggled close to me, kissing her head once more. "You're daddy's little girl, never forget that."