Chapter 16. An Argent Reunion

Start from the beginning

"No. No deal, Howie." I snapped sarcastically, my hands latching onto a door handle for support. Kate was getting too close for comfort and I had no idea where to go to get away from her. As long as the Berserkers are here, they're going to be causing too many problems with my Admonere abilities for me to be able to function properly.

She sighed dramatically, "I really don't want to have to ask you again, Kasey."

"I'll save you the trouble then, the answer is still gonna be no." I responded evenly.

Her eyes narrowed in annoyance, "I'm going to go and get his body, and once I find him... I'm coming for you next doll face. Try not to wander too far."

Before I could respond, she was gone and I was left sliding to the ground as my knees buckled beneath me. I felt like I was completely falling apart. The only way to describe the noise I hear is that it sounds like radio static. I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to fight through the pain. I don't know why the Berserkers trigger my ability so much, but it's worse than the Nogitsune. I could still feel the blood trickling down the side of my neck from my ears.

"Kasey?"

I hesitantly opened my eyes and saw Allison standing in front of me. My stomach dropped and I scooted back farther against the wall. How in the holy hell is Allison Argent standing in front of me? She's dead. I watched her die-- hell, I killed her.

"This isn't real, Kasey. Just wake up." I mumbled to myself, placing my hands over my ears and squeezing my eyes shut again.

This really is Deja Vu.

I thought the nightmares and hallucinations were done. I thought that once the Nogitsune was killed, then I would slowly heal and get back to normal. These past few days have proved otherwise. I'm hallucinating my brothers dead ex girlfriend. That sounds like the opposite of healing to me.

"You kind of can't run away from something that's in your head." Allison dead-panned, her voice bouncing around in my skull.

She was right, how the hell am I supposed to hide from something that's inside of me?

I opened my eyes and now we were in the courtyard of Oak Creek. Where I had murdered her, oh what kind of fresh hell is this? I can't go through this again. I can't get trapped in my head and lose the ability of knowing what's real and what isn't. I barely survived the first time, I know for sure I won't make it out alive a second time.

"What is this?" I asked fearfully, glancing at her with wide eyes.

She looked so healthy. Her hair was perfectly styled, wavy with her brown eyes popping due to her smoky eye makeup. She was wearing the same outfit she had been in when she died, and I felt my heart drop as I glanced at my outfit. I was wearing what I had been the night I killed her. What is going on? I don't like this whatsoever.

Allison smiled faintly, "You blame yourself for my death... and it's killing you. It's not your fault."

"How is it not my fault?" I asked slowly, thinking that maybe this was the Nogitsune taking one last jab at me. I was waiting for the riddle or the catch or the wordplay. I knew it was coming, it had to be, because it was my fault. I only have myself to blame for her demise.

She gestured to the right and my eyes followed. I gasped as the scene from that night began to play out in front of me. This was the definition of odd. I could see my body hiding off to the side, watching the fight with a smirk on my face. Allison was standing beside me, but then she was in front of me with a katana piercing through her effortlessly.