Now I hardly had any time left.

          Slowly I started to slink away, hoping to becoming invisible with the night. The soft grass tickled my bare arms and legs as I crawled through it back towards the tiny and cramped pen. The light breeze grew colder, raising goose bumps along my exposed skin. I prayed that I would make it safely back.

          "Aurora?"

          I'm sorry my prince.

           As I wiggled my way back to the fence, I felt the curse beginning to take affect again. Trying to stay calm, I picked up my pace. My fingers started to bend inward, forming hooves. All of my appendages and my neck elongated, hair bursting out of my pores. I bit my lip to contain my moan of pain as my bones transformed and shifted into the proper skeleton of a horse. Within minutes, I stood tall as a black mare. 

          I wasn't inside the fence. I was free. Free to run away and never look back.

          But I did look back.

          Thunder's body still stood out, a splash of dull white, still visible even with the blackness of the night trying to smother it. On the other side... he sat trapped and alone.

          No, he's not alone. I'm still here, and I will always be here. 

          I will free you, my prince, I vowed. You will be free, and I will bring you home.

***

=Kaelyn=

          The dawn broke through the night, bringing forth a new day. The light woke me up, dragging me out of my sleep. The birds sang their sweet melodies, saying good morning to everyone. I raised my head, begging the early morning mental fog to go away.

          The horses... the people... Nothing registered at first. Blunt confusion clouded my mind.

          Until I saw a familiar head of hair resting against a fallen comrade's body.

          Then everything came unbelievably clear.

          And they spotted me. Their leader spoke first.

          "Hey, what's that one doing outside the fence?" He demanded angrily, reaching for his whip. I snorted anxiously, a took a step back. I had no desire to be beaten. The other thugs had risen from their beds and stared at me with a dumbfounded look in their eyes. Their leader pushed past through them and stomped over to me. I willed myself to stay put and unsuccessfully attempted to arouse my courage.

          "Check the fence!" He commanded after a moment. Three thieves immediately obeyed his orders and began to examine their handiwork. They circled the fence, and finally ended up back where they started, silent, and confused.

          "Well?" Their leader said in a deadly calm voice. One of his underlings stepped forward, worry lines etched onto his forehead, and fear in his eyes.

          "Master Drake," he began, his voice wavering slightly. "There is nothing to report. The pen is secure and undamaged."

          Drake? Where have I heard that name before...

          "Then how did this one get out?" Drake snapped.

          'I-I don't know, sir." The one man stuttered.

          Drake pulled his fist back and brought it directly into the thief's face. A loud crunch made me wince, and the face fell to the ground like a rock. Blood spurted from his nose, and his eyelids fluttered open and closed as he was fighting unconsciousness.