Chapter 15

My mother lays barely breathing on the kitchen counter. James goes over to her other side and gives her some of his blood to help her heal faster. She jerks a bit when James gives her the blood.

"James you can't just leave her here. She can't just lay on the counter the whole time. Can't you put her in a bedroom or something? I just can't bear to see her on the counter like this."

"Yes we will put her in the guest bedroom next to our bedroom so that she is close to you."

"Thank you." I just look at her hand and can't even believe that my mother is alive and this is the first state that I get to see her in. I wish she was better.

James comes and picks me up.

"What are you doing?"

"It is late, and you are tired. You need your rest. Besides we have to plan for our ceremony tomorrow."

"What? Already tomorrow? But my let is still broken. It is not yet healed."

"It will be. Just wait and see. But for now it is time for you to go and get some sleep. I will have someone put your mother up in her new room so that she is close to you and can get proper rest."

I wrap my arms around James and watch as Noka comes in and lifts up my mother with great ease and is so gentle with her. He motions for James to go and he will follow. James walks up the stairs and goes to our room laying me in the bed and covering me up. He leaves and goes to help his father get my mother situated in her new room.

........................................................

The next morning James is already gone. He must be in his office working or planning out our ceremony. I wonder if my mother has woken up yet. I try to get out of bed and to my surprise there is no cast on my leg anymore, and I can stand on my own. James was right!

"I can walk!"

Whoops I said that out loud. I hope that nobody heard me. Sakoda comes running into the room all happy like.

"Hey there baby! I haven't seen you in awhile. Where and what have you been doing? You stink!"

She just barks at me and wags her tail. I laugh.

"Well come on show me where James is."

As we walk past my mom's room I can hear her breathing and someone talking to her. I peak inside and see my dad talking to her. I close the door and keep following Sakoda to James.