Hallways and Letters

Start from the beginning

On Thursday they just pulled up to Scotts after school getting ready to eat junk and get their trig homework done when the Sheriff pulled up beside Stiles jeep as they were getting out.

Stiles froze and his chest clenched. Did his father finally come to yell at him?

He saw his father smiling at them all as he had his uniform on and looked like he was headed back to work. Stiles was confused. Then his father waived at Scott and Isaac who stood on the sidewalk nervous and tense.

"Hello boys. Hey Stiles you never did tell me when your first game was going to be?" John said as he smiled up at his son.

Stiles still felt confused. "Uh... uh its next Friday. We are going up against Valley Veiw High."

John nodded and smiled up at Stiles. "Sounds good. Ill be there. Don't wait up at home tonight Ill be back in the morning. Got a night shift tonight. Don't stay up to late"

Stiles felt cold. He just nodded as he watched his father drive away. He stood watching until his fathers cruiser was gone. He didn't even notice that Stiles hadnt been home all week.

Stiles hesitated then he turned and saw Scott and Isaac frowning. They looked angry and worried. He just looked down the street to his old home. Getting back into his jeep he drove down to his house and saw Scott and Isaac walking to his house.

When Stiles took out his key he went in and went straight to the kitchen. The fridge was covered in notes. He reached up and didn't even read them. He just crumpled them and threw them in the trash. He then went up to his room and looked for anything hed left that he might want.

He picked up a few things throwing them in a bag and then looked around at his empty room. Then he heard Scott and Isaac at his door. They were watching him carefully as he looked around.

He went to the desk and got out a piece of lined paper and wrote out a short letter.

Dad,

When you find this letter just know that I am safe and I found a place to stay. I want you to take care of your self. Ive been staying with friends since my birthday. Im still going to school and I live in a safe place. You can stop working so much and relax now. I don't really know when you will find this.

I love you Dad. Nothing will ever change that.

Stiles

He placed the paper on the middle of his bed then he walked out.

A few hours later there was a knock at his bedroom door. Stiles huffed. "I told you I'm fine guys."

The door to show Derek looking as grouchy as usual. "What's going on?"

Stiles rolled his eyes and looked back down at his text book. "Nothing Im studying." Stiles voice was clipped and harsh.

"What have I said about lying to me." Dereks voice was low and sounded angry.

Stiles looked up and that cold rage that was simmering just under his skin was pulling at him again as he looked right into Dereks eyes and said "Not right now man. Im not in the mood."

Dereks eyes widen and his eyes search Stiles eyes as he crosses his arms. "I am never in the mood to be lied to Stiles. Now whats going on. Something is bothering you."

"You're bothering me right now Derek. I'm trying to study." Stiles growled out as he gave him that dark and spiteful look before looking back down at his book.

The book was suddenly closed by Dereks hand.

Stiles stared down at the closed book as his rage roiled inside him. His fingers form into fists that were clenched so tight they shook.

"Stiles." Dereks voice was hard and insistent.

Stiles snapped and gripped the book and threw it against the wall. Stiles wanted so badly to lash out and try to hit Derek. He wanted to hit him right in his face and then hear him tell him to get out of his loft and find another place to live.

He wanted to make Derek hurt. He wanted to destroy anything in reach.

Instead he just gripped his own hair and bowed his head his elbows on his knees as he shut his eyes hard and gripped his hair hard enough to hurt.

After a moment as his own thoughts raced and churned inside him he felt warm calloused hands on him. The sure strong touch made him want to lash out. Made him want to hit and punch and kick. He barely restrained himself as he felt those hands grip his wrists and then squeezed until the pain made him release his hair and then pulled them away from his head and pulled him up to stand.

"Stiles. Look at me." Dereks voice was commanding but it wasn't harsh.

Stiles opened his eyes and looked to Derek and saw worry buried under the frown on his face.

Stiles moved before he realized what he was doing. Ripping his wrists out of Dereks grip he pushed Derek back, only a couple of steps since he was like a brick wall. "Stop. I cant do this right now Derek. If you keep pushing me Im going to hit you" Stiles saw Dereks nostrils flare and his eyes glare. " I don't want to hit you Derek but if you keep pushing me right now... I wont have any control..."

Stiles turned his back on Derek as he clenched his fists. He went to his window and leaned on it pressing his forehead against the cool glass.

"I will be back in an hour to take you to your appointment with Dr Deaton." Derek spoke quietly. He didn't sound happy. "Try listening to some music until then."

The door closed and Stiles was alone in his room and stared out at the city. It was raining. Why was he doing this. He was messing this up. He was going to end up getting thrown out. Then where would he go?

Closing his eyes he pulled his phone out of his pocket and put on a song. Failure by Breaking Benjamin. He stayed there against the window looking out at the rain as he listened to that song on repeat. It took a while. A long while. For the deep churning burning rage and loathing to turn to numb cold emptiness.