His response was silent and after a moment, he spoke sadly, "You don't remember? She didn't tell you about what happened to her parents?"

"About what?" I asked as I stood straight.

"Risabear, remember when you rode the airplane for the first time?"

I twitched my eyes in puzzlement. "Yes, I was nine and I was so scared about it but eventually it became fun."

"Yeah. And what's the reason why we had to take an airplane?"

I took a moment trying to remember the reason but nothing seemed to click in my head. "I don't remember, Dad."

He sighed. "Risa, we attended a funeral. Her parents died in a car accident on her tenth birthday."

"What?" I asked, shocked. "Why Quinn didn't tell me about this?"

"I don't know. Maybe she will tell you sooner or later but don't get mad at her, okay? And maybe you will remember if you check the photo album in the study room at our house. You were always dragging her all around when we used to visit her every month after her parents died. But it stopped when her Grandmother sent her for treatment because of her PTSD."

"Dad, I can't belie—" I spoke but I was cut off by the bell.

"You have to go. Don't forget what you have to do. Love you," he said and then he hung up.

I stared at the phone with my mouth slightly ajar. I just couldn't believe that I'd known Quinn since I was nine and yet I didn't remember any of it. And why didn't she tell that her parents were no longer with her? Was she living alone in that old house? No, maybe someone adopted her because Dad wouldn't allow her to transfer to our school without any consent of her guardian. But who was this guardian? It seemed this person was rarely at home because when I was at her house, I didn't even see any living soul.

I made it to my first class, glad that our teacher was also late even though my mind was now in a distant space, far away from my own. Rushing to my seat, Quinn greeted me with her smile which was added with a pair of dimples in her cheeks. I stared at her, trying to recall what she looked like when we were a child but there was nothing. I should perhaps find this album that my Dad was talking about once I get home.

As I gave her a smile in return, our teacher arrived and started his lesson yet my mind was still lost to my Quinn. It was always about her and I wondered why I just couldn't stop myself from thinking about her.

Morning classes were all fuzzy as hundreds of questions kept on playing in my head. My unclear memories were added to my thoughts about Khloe's confession and my insecurity. On how she would react once I tell her that I was lying to her since the beginning.

Why didn't she tell me about her parents? Does she remember that we were a childhood friend? If she does, then why was she keeping it away from me? Does she love Khloe in return? If she does, was she aware of that? Aware that Khloe loves her? Was she dating both of us at the same time? Why did I forget about her?

With all these questions, there was only one answer I could come up with: she doesn't trust me. However, I was thinking that this was the right time to tell her about the truth regarding my dolls. Knowing that I didn't have her trust, it was much better for me to tell her the truth before I earn all of her trust completely. And I was willing to do everything to make her see that I was someone that she could be trusted. To the point that she would tell me everything without faltering.

It was Tuesday. It means I was going to have lunch with Quinn in my room. I hurriedly skipped to my Dad's office, seeing her waiting for me. She was sitting in the perforated chair beside the door, looking down at her feet as she swung it in cadence. I could say that she was worried about something as her chocolate surrounded by green sea eyes was in an empty space.