Chapter 2

Zariah

"Mommy that's m-" Jay started to say but I covered his mouth.

I show my son pictures of his dad all the time and he knows exactly who he is.

"Let's play a game okay. Don't say anything about him being your dad and I'll buy you ice cream okay" I whispered to Jay.

"Okay" he said happy "starting now" he asked looking up at me.

"Starting now" I laughed. He's so silly.

"I'm going to call you later" I said giving Karina a hug.

"You need to tell him" she said breaking the hug.

"I know but not right now"

"Zariah" I heard Isaiah ask from behind me.

"Fuck" I mumbled to myself.

I turned around and faced him. But I didn't make eye contact I looked down.

"Hey" I said quietly.

"Thought I would never see you again" he chuckled.

I chuckled a little and shrugged my shoulders. I began to talk but was cut off.

"Who is this bitch" The girl that he was with said.

I looked over to her and seen it was the girl from the nail salon that I got into a argument with before I left to Texas.

"Bitch?" I asked raising a eyebrow.

"Yes BITCH"

I would of punched this bitch in her face if my son wasn't here. She better thank him in the future.

"Dont talk to my mommy like that" Jay said stepping in front of me looking up to the girl with his fist balled up.

I couldn't help but laugh it was so cute. "It's okay baby" I said picking him up.

"That's your son" Isaiah asked.

"Yup" I said nodding my head.

"Your -" Jay started but I covered his mouth . "Jaylon no" I said.

"Why not why cant I tell him" he asked crossing his arms.

That kind of hurt me. My son wanted his dad and I wouldn't let him say anything, It's my fault.

"Tell me what Lil man" Isaiah asked looking at Jay.

I put Jay down and turned to Karina covering my eyes to hold the tears back. Once I got myself together I turned back towards Isaiah and Jay.

"Never mind" Jay said putting his head down.

I bent down to his level and looked at him in his eyes and seen he was about to cry. "We can tell him later when other people aren't around"

He nodded his head then looked back at Isaiah "You come get food with me and mommy" Jay asked him.

I looked at Jay like he was crazy and he just smiled at me. This Lil boy is gone be the death of me.

"Jaylon I think he has other things to do right now."

"Nah I can come with y'all" Isaiah smirked.

This is going to be a long day. He told the girl he was with that he would call her later and of course she got mad.

We walked to my car and I buckled Jay in before I got in the car. I put my seat belt on and scrolled through my phone looking for a song.

"What" I asked Isaiah as I seen him smiling at me.

"Nothing" he said then looked at his phone.

I found a song and then pulled off. It was awkward being in a car with him. Its just awkward being with him period.

*

"What did you have to tell me Lil man" Isaiah asked after we finished our food and had small talk.

"Ask my mommy that"

Isaiah looked at me. I sighed and waited a moment to speak.

"Well a few days after I left that letter I found out I was pregnant" I paused and looked at Jay "He's your son"

He raised his eyebrows and dropped his jaw. We all exchanged looks and sat silent.

"Well now that I know I'm gone be here for my son" He said breaking the silence.

I smiled and looked down at a happy Jay. As long as my son is happy I'm happy.

"What's your full name Lil man" Isaiah asked Jay.

"Jaylon King Harrison"

Isaiah smiled and I smiled also. "You got my last name and your mom gone have our last name in the future"

I shook my head and laughed. I can't believe he wants to be with me after everything I did. But its gone be a while if we ever do get back together. I'm just glad my son has his father.