Chapter 3

Recap:
"Hi, my names MJ, welcome to Midtown High School! Where did you move here from?" She asked.

"I didn't move here from anywhere at all in fact the reason I am here is because my stepdad got a job at this school. He's the new English teacher."

"Oh, Mr. Blofis is your step dad, cool! He's an awesome teacher as far as I can tell."

"Well then, since you appear to be acquainted with each other, here are your schedules and locker number MJ will show you where to go." says Principal Coulson as he guides us out the door and hands us our stuff. "Have a good first day of school!" he called out from his office before going inside.

Annabeth's POV

After leaving Principal Coulson's office we followed MJ to our lockers.

After getting that all situated, we followed her to our first class, Latin. I know right? But sadly, even though we were already fluent in the language we still had to take some foreign language class to pass high school so...

"Here we are!" I beard MJ say

"A little warning though about
Mr. Mercurius though before you go in. He won't let you get away with anything. It's like he has eyes on the back of his head, but other than that, his class is really fun. See you later!" She said, before turning to walk towards her class.

I took a deep breath before going through the door, Percy in tow.

The first thing I noticed when we walked in: how many roman weapons and artifacts that were on the wall.

The second thing I noticed: how much the teacher looked like Hermes!

The resemblance was huge! Same salt and pepper hair same...

"Ah! You too must be the new students! Please take a seat! I am Mr. Mercurius, I will be your Latin teacher this year." He said.

Wow, ok. Was all I could think of.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Mercurius! I'm Percy Jackson and this is Annabeth Chase." Percy said, gesturing to me and pulling me out of my daze.

"Hello sir, it's nice to meet you! You know, you remind me of someone... oh well. Um... where should we sit?" I asked uncertainly.

"You can take a seat by Ms. Ayala and Mr. Parker. You two raise your hands!" He said over his shoulder.

I looked behind him to see two people raising their hands. One was the boy from yesterday...Peter, I think, while the other was a girl with dark skin that wore an expression that said 'I'm smarter than I look and I will kick you butt if you think otherwise'

I immediately knew that we would become best friends.

Percy grabbed my hand and started pulling me towards the two.

"Hey, nice seeing you again Peter! Are you ok? You appeared to have gotten into quite the fight with Flash yesterday." Percy said.

"Yeah, I'm fi-" started Peter. But he was interrupted by Mr. Mercur- (you know what? I'm just going to call him Mr. M) saying:

"Please refrain from speaking Mr. Parker. No matter who you think you are, while you are in my classroom, you will follow MY rules."

Peter gulped "yes sir." He replied.

"Good. Now class, today we will be learning about Greek Mythology..."

~~~time skip of magicalness~~~
~~~~~to the end of class~~~~~~

"That was AWESOME!" Yelled Percy.

"I agree. Mr. M is a really good teacher." I state in a smarter tone.
"You should see him on his good days. He's a blast! Definitely better than all the other teachers here." Said Peter. I nod then turn to the girl from earlier.

"You know, I never caught your name." I tell her. She looks up from her book. "Oh, yeah, sorry, my names Ava. You're Annabeth right?" She asks. "Yep. What book are you reading?" I ask her. "The Odyssey. It's really interesting." She answers.

My eyes widen. "I love the Odyssey. It's my favorite book to read by far! Where are you now?"
"The part where Odysseus and his crew wash up Circe's island." "What about Circe?" Percy says jumping in to our conversation. "We were talking about the Odyssey, Percy. Ava was just telling me where she was. She's read up to the part when Odysseus and his crew wash up on Circe's island." I tell him. He visibly shudders at the memory of when it happened to us.

Just then the bell rang. I jumped and then started to freak out at the thought of being late. I look at my schedule to see what class I'm late for. Free period. What the Hades is Free Period? I didn't know there was such thing as a 'free period'. This school is weird. Oh well.

I sigh in relief when I realize we aren't actually late for anything. "Come on you two, we've got free period now and I want to introduce you to a few people." Said Peter. "Ok." We reply as he drags us outside.

A/N: I added some more writing to this chapter.