Little Miss McKenzie; Chapter 3:

"Alex?" I whispered, my voice shaky.

His body appeared in front of me. He was drunk, stumbling forward, arms stretched out to the side. He made every attempt not to fall over, but it was getting harder for him, so he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me onto his lap as he sat down on the couch.

He cleared a way, but I was still pretty sure he sat on a few empty beer cans. His breath smelled like alcohol, and he grabbed my waist tightly.

"Alex, you need to let me go."

"Kiss me," He whispered, his breath hitting my face. Ew.

"Alex, stop it."

I saw Max standing across the room. His eyes stayed locked on me, even though he was nodding along with everything the small blond girl standing next to him was saying. She giggled, grabbing his arm. I didn't take my eyes off of his, even though Alex had started kissing down my neck. Max turned to face the girl for a second, his smile wasn't real, but she couldn't tell that--she was drunk. He shook his head and smiled again before his eyes returned to me.

"Alex, that's enough." I tried to fight the urge to just kiss him, and I tried to stand up, but he pulled me back, his arms tightening his grip. I whimpered, but when I looked up, Max was gone.

I scanned the room quickly, my eyes searching desperately for the face I wanted to see so much. And then I saw it. He was talking to Ryan, and they were both staring at me. And then they both took steps towards me.

"Hey, Man. You weren't supposed to be here tonight. You need to leave,"

"Chill Ryan," Alex's words slurred together, "I just came to talk to McKenzie."

"McKenzie doesn't want to talk to you, Alex." Max stepped in, grabbing my arm.

And then it all happened in a flash. Something was pressed against my head. Max gasped, stepping back, his hands in the air to the side of his head. Someone cut the music, and the room felt sweaty, hot. It was silent.

Everyone was staring at me.

"Someone call the cops." Some one called from the corner, and the object jerked forward. I yelped in fear. "He has a gun!" Ohmygod. It's a gun. There's a gun pressed to my head.

Ryan took a step forward, "Listen Alex, you're drunk. Put the gun down."

Max grabbed Ryan's arm, pulling him backwards. I felt my eyes widen, but I smiled and looked up at Alex. "Hey,"

"There's my girl." He smiled, kissing my cheek.

I looked back at Max, giving him a look I could only hope he'd understand. I wrapped my arms around Alex's neck, holding him close and kissing him. I could taste the alchol. It made me sick.

Max lunged forward, ripping the gun from Alex's hands and throwing it across the room. I was shoved to the corner, and Ryan jumped onto of Alex's back, knocking him to the ground. They fought and struggled for a minute before Ryan was able to hold him down.

And I was safe in Max's arms.

***

"Knock, knock."

"What do you want, Ryan?"

"It's Max. Are you okay?" The door to my bed room was pushed open slowly. Max walked in, a smile spread across his face.

I nodded as I moved across my bed so there was room for him to sit. He took a seat next to me, wrapped his arms around me and kissing my cheek.

"I didn't know you spend the night, again."

"Yeah. I did. Ryan wanted me to stay. You know, just in case Alex came back."

"He won't." I shook my head.

"I have to protect you. You're my girl now, right?"

I looked up quickly, my hair falling over my shoulders. Our eyes met, and I wasn't sure what I was supposed to say. So, I said the only thing I could think of, "Your girl?"

***

"Ryan!" My mom's voice echoed through the house.

I opened my bed room door slowly, sliding out into the hallway. I leaned against the wall by the stairs, wanting to hear Ryan's punishment. "Mom, I know I wasn't supposed to have a party, but--"

"McKenzie!"

Shit.

***

"Yeah?" I asked, worried that I was going to get blamed for these parties.

"Ryan said that you and Alex broke up."

"Yep."

"What happened?"

"Mom, I don't want to talk about it."

"I'm sorry, Sweetie." She rubbed my back, "I heard about the gun thing. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Mom. Nothing happened,"

***

I'm so sorry. This chapter is short, and I HATEEE IT. ♥ I love you all, please vote and comment!