Chapter One "Child Memories"

Chapter One: Child Memories

New Venice, 2160.

"Come here... yes, you all. Come closer, I want to tell you all a story, a very long and old story! A story that was told when I was a kid like you."

"You all know the story of the Great Contact, don't you? Otherwise you wouldn't sit here listening to Ol' Dave! Well, 5 years after the contact, a huge fleet was made. A fleet that would bring "sleeping" people to different planets to start a new home. One of those ships was called the "Starlight", it was a very special ship, because it carried people that died a long time ago, but chose too freeze themselves in. Those people are very old but they can be brought alive with the current technology. The trip the ship would make was enormous in that time, it would take 5 Earth Years to accomplish their trip to a new home. Unfortunately, the ship that carried so much important people, got lost after 2 years of travelling. Such a shame, isn't it? My nephew was on that ship.

After they lost contact, 4 ships were sent to the location. They've searched, but only one came back. One of my friends worked on that ship. He said that he saw something... unreal..."

"What did he saw then?" Jenny asked.

"What he saw could nobody imagine... he described it as a... a massive hydra-like creature, green and black.... larger than a planet..."

The children that were listening shivered and looked around, while Dave grinned.

"Don't worry, kids. That happened somewhat 74 Earth Years ago, light years away from here."

"D...does it have a name?" Steph asked.

"Ofcourse, every creature out there needs to have a name, right? Well, the withnesses who saw it called it... the Planet Devourer. It could eat planets by shooting them in pieces with nuclear magma, right out his body. Then, he sucked up all the matter from the planet..."