4 years ago...

Four years ago, I was twelve and living in castle rock. I had stolen some money from a teacher, I wasn't the best kid around. Our family had a bad reputation, I wasn't making it any better. Then Vern came to us one day and said "Do you wanna see a dead body?" And again, being dumb and curious twelve year olds we were, we went. We set off and many things happened those two days. One thing, we got chased by the most feared dog, chopper. Second thing, we had to run off a bridge because there was a train coming. A third thing, Gordon and I vote in an argument, and I remember word for word. Here goes. (breath in, out)
"Melainie am I weird?"
"Definitely"
"No man seriously, am I weird?"
"Yeah, but so what everybody weird"
"Hmm"
"You ready for school?"
"Yeah"
"Middle school, you know what that means, we'll all be split up"
"What are you talking about, why would that happen?"
"Cause its not gonna be like grammar school, thats why, youll be taking your shot courses and me, Chris, teddy and Vern will be with the rest of the guys making ashtrays and bird houses, look you're gonna meet alot of new guys, smart guys."
"Being with a load sissys is what you mean"
"No man, don't even say that don't even think that!"
"I'm not going anywhere forget it!"
"Well then you're a butthole" (YKWIM)
"Whats butthole about wanting to be with your friends?"
Im not gonna continue the whole conversation, because it goes on for a while. Then as I recall, Teddy called, come on you guys by the time we get there the kid won't even be dead anymore. We traveled on and then we came to a massive bridge. We crossed, and Gordon and Vern almost got ran over! Then we set up, and told stories. Then I had a nightmare, it wasn't your usual nightmare. I woke and nearly screamed. Gordon asked me what was wrong I told him, "I miss her Gordon, I really miss her..."
"Go back to sleep" I didn't, I got up because it was my turn to stand watch. I told him lots of stuff and I cried. On his shoulder... He got snot and tears on it. Now that I think of it, I don't think he minded. We continued our journey and came to a lake, it had a bridge but being strong minded Chris, they walked through it, there leeches, a few in unexpected spots.... Then we carried on, found the body. Unfortunately, so did eyeball. There was knife. Wasn't used. Teddy was stirring Charlie up "oh, Billy." And stuff like that. Chris, teddy and Vern walked back, because ace had pulled out a knife. "C'mon Melainie, he's got a knife"
"Their not taking him, you're not taking him"
BOOM! you're not taking him nobody's taking him. What are you gonna do? Shoot us all? No, just you ace. Other stuff was said, but it wouldn't be good to put in a book written for 12-13 year Olds. We went back, and Chris and I revealed what we had been hiding. We were moving to Australia, back there, we're Australian we were to live with our aunt and uncle. This was while our dad was housebound