Chapter Five

[If anyone has any suggestions for the next chapter, I'd gladly accept them. I'm kinda running on fumes with this book cause there's literally no plot, but oh well.]

It's been a little over a week since the Fantastic Fours have moved into the tower and you're convinced that Johnny is hellbent on make yours and Steve's life miserable.

It's just the little things he does that really sets you off. From watching you eat to following you around everyday, you're so close to snapping at him and smacking away the cute little smirk on his face.

Wait, you pause as you hold up a spoon of cereal to your lips. Did I just call Johnny cute? The annoying clone of my boyfriend, Johnny? You shake your head, shoving the spoon into your mouth and nearly chock when Johnny's eyes meet yours.

"Could you-" you cough, and a glass of oj is pushed into your hand and you guzzle it down quickly. "Thanks."

He grins. "No problem, gorgeous."

"Would you stop calling me that, please?"

"Well, you are. I'm only telling telling the truth, babe."

"Johnny, I have a-"

"Yo," Tony saunters into the room, empty cup in his hands he glances between you two. "Am I interrupting?"

"No," You stand, dropping your bowl in the sink and make a beeline for the lab.

"Going somewhere?"

You groan, flashing him an irritated look over your shoulder. "Could you, oh I don't know, leave me alone for more than 15 seconds?"

He easily falls instep beside you, arms behind his back as he peers down at you. "Now why would I want to do that? You're so much fun."

With a heavy sigh, you round the corner and see Steve approaching. "Oh thank God. Steve!"

His head shoots up and he smiles. "(Y/n), hey."

You step forward to hug him, but Johnny's arm slips around your waist and he steers you down a different hallway.

"Johnny! What what are you-"

"Shh," He pats your shoulder, opening a door and pushing you inside. "Why don't we hang out in here?"

"In a.. master bedroom?"

He snorts, scratching his head. "Oh, is that what this room is? Huh. What a coincidence."

"Look, why don't you just go "hang out" with Susan or Reed. I'm sure they miss you since, you know, you're always breathing down my neck."

"Nah," He waves a dismissive hand and flops down onto the bed, stretching his arms up and resting them behind his head. "They're sick of me."

"I wonder why," You mutter, siting down on a chair and frown. "This is ridiculous." Shooting up, you match for the door but Johnny's up and on his feet with a hand on the door handle. "Johnny, let me-"

"Oh, come on," He motions to the room with a wild gesture. "Let's just stay in here and watch a movie or something. I swear I'll stay at least three feet away from you."

With narrowed eyes, you agree. "Fine. But I pick the movie."

He sighs and jumps onto the bed cross legged, tossing you the remote. Clicking through the selections, you pick Batman: Under the Red Hood and get comfortable next to Johnny.

"You like DC?" He says happily, leaning forward with a childish grin.

You laugh. "Yeah."

"Oh man. I think I'm in love."

"Shut up.

"Just saying the-"

"Johnny, I will cut you."

"Harsh. But message received."

Halfway through the movie, Johnny starts inching towards you and you're half asleep at this point. He smiles when your head rests against his shoulder.

"Steve?"

Johnny sighs in irrigation, but hums a yes nonetheless, and you lean up and press a kiss to his cheek. He feels his heart flutter and okay, maybe this isn't so bad.

"When did you get here?"

Now Johnny knows he shouldn't be doing this, but you look adorable as you curl up next to him, your head rested against his chest. "A few minutes ago." He says, trying his best to imitate the stoic solider and by the looks of it, it works as your eyes flutter shut. "Sweet dreams."