Swooning

"Hey, Rog I was thinking that we could..." I stopped talking. In fact, I think my heart also stopped. I had decided right there in that very moment that I would either break up with Roger or never again leave him unattended in my flat for longer than forty seconds. "Wha...what are you doing?" I asked, trying to unclench my intestines.

"I really like this one. This is...this is just. You really do have the very best taste but this..." Roger said, smiling all over at me. My insides were about to explode because he was continually rubbing over my fur and if anyone knew anything about fur; skin oils utterly destroyed them. I smiled, trying to act completely calm as Roger did the worse and slipped it over his shoulders to see if it would fit him. "This is bloody grand. How do I look?" he asked spinning around. What was it Chrissie has said? Something about being in a relationship means that you talk about things that bother you or...oh god...oh god...

"ROGER STOP PETTING THE FURRRRRRRRR!!" I shrieked in horror as his hands continually petted the long pelts. I had done it. I had shared my feelings with my boyfriend...in the most irrational way possible. He looked at me mortified as I planted my face into my palm. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to....freak out." I said, shaking my hands and looking up to him. "It's just...it's...oils on ya' skin build up on fur over time. Don't pet it. Look. Don't touch." I said more calmly. Roger laughed at me. I rubbed my head, feeling a headache coming on. Shit, I had never shared my closet with a man and I didn't know how to take this.

"It's okay, Lyd. S'alright. I won't touch it but you still haven't told me how it looks. Freddie has a fake one a' these. He bought it at Kensington market. What's one a' these cost anyway?" he asked admiring my fur from all angles. The only reason the thing even fit Roger was the fact that he was still pretty thin. This was probably the only thing in my closet he could actually fit in to. As I stared at him in front of my full length mirror I could think only thing: how damn fine he looked in my fur. I shook my head.

"Well...um...it...it looks marvelous. You look marvelous. And to answer your question it costs around 900." I said. Roger's face dropped to the floor.

"It...it WHAT!? 900! Lyd! See! This is why I get pissed! This is what pisses me off! You've got this fuckin' beautiful closet full of clothes. Each piece a little fuckin' nicer than the last! You've got a fuckin' fur that costs more than I've paid in rent for the past three months!" I nearly hyperventilated at the way Roger took my fur off and threw it on the bed. "You've got all these...these perfectly arranged shoes and purses that I'm sure I don't know shit about. And yet you lay down in that bed with me!? I can barely buy you a fuckin' sandwich! Why aren't you with some millionaire playboy, Lydia! Why the fuck are you with me!?" And with Roger's irritated rant, I realized that he and I had no idea how to talk to each other the way two people in a relationship are supposed to. I was relieved. I thought Roger would know exactly how to be a boyfriend and have all the right words all the time. After all, we were rather magical on our little holiday. I looked at him for a moment and shook my head.

"Because I like you...a lot." I said. That statement was my purely honest, girlfriend response. Chrissie would have so very proud of us. Roger glanced between the floor and me.

"I like you a lot too." He said.

"So, um...why were you going through my closet while I was on the phone?" I asked. Roger smiled.

"Because. I noticed the clothes you took on our trip and I've looked in your closet at least fifty times but I've never really looked at your clothes. They've all got a bit of flash and I really like that. I wish so much I could buy clothes with that kinda' flash." He admitted. I turned a little pink.