Chapter 1

Hi, I'm Brittany Gavins. And this is my story.

As I looked out my window in my new room, I saw the sun rise and I sighed sadly. I missed looking out my old window from my old house. My family moved barely an hour away from our old town. I used to live in Arlington, VA and now I live in Reston, VA. I missed my old friends and school.

I decided that sitting around isn't going to do me any good, so I got up to get dressed. I put on a black crop top, light blue jean short shorts, and a red flannel button up. I put my dark blonde hair up into a high ponytail, did my makeup, grabbed my phone, and left the house.

I probably should have told my parents that I was leaving, but it wasn't even 7 in the morning and they weren't up since it was the weekend. I walked down my dewy front lawn and went down the road, not knowing where I was going.

I began to walk a few houses down and saw a boy across the street standing in his front yard holding something up in his hand. I squinted and realized it was a phone. I began to walk closer, keeping quiet. Then I heard a Drake song playing from his phone and he was doing outrageous movements to it. I sighed. He was making a musical.ly. To me, that app was lame.

I kept walking as he pulled down his phone and began typing away. He then frowned at his phone and turned around searching the street. Then his eyes landed on me. I realized that I knew this boy.

His name was Jacob Sartorius. I remember seeing him land himself on the comedy page on Vine a few years ago when he only had 400K. Now he has almost 2M and girls all over the country know who he is. To me, he's always been overrated and I never liked him. I always thought that he was stuck up and a little rich boy who didn't care about any of his fans. He was 14, my age, and going to be a freshman like me. And what was even greater is that this boy now lived in my neighborhood, and he's walking right towards me.

"Hey, are you new?" he asked when he was crossing the street to come towards me. I rolled my eyes.

"Ya, why?" I asked annoyed. He didn't seem to notice.

"I thought so." he said. He shifted his phone towards me. "You ended up in my musical.ly, watch."

I sighed and watched. Sure enough, towards the end of the video, you could see me walking behind him. I sighed.

"Please delete it, I don't want to be associated with you." I said, walking away.

"Wait, what?" he said surprised. He ran up from behind me and stopped in front of me. I stopped walking abruptly. "Do you know who I am?"

"Ya, Jacob Sartorius." I said. He smiled, which made me feel even more annoyed.

"So you do know who I am." he said stupidly. "Hey, wanna come back to my place?"

"No." I said and started walking away again.

"Wait, why not?" he said rushing to my side, obviously confused.

"Because," I said turning to face him. "First of all, I don't know you. You could be a creepy stalker. Second of all, you won't delete that musical.ly, therefore I don't like you." He began to interrupt me but I didn't let him. "Third of all, I don't really like your work. You are overrated and you don't even care about your fans. So bye, Jacob Sartorius." I began to walk away, then stopped grinning evilly. "Or should I say, Jacob Sagittarius."

"Hey wait!" he called after me. I kept walking, and this time he didn't follow me. I sighed out of relief. Then he shouted, "This isn't over! I'm going to get you to like me!"

My body tensed up. I had a feeling that this Sagittarius boy was persistent, and when he said he would get me to like him, I had a feeling he meant it. This was going to be just great. Or was it?