Chapter 11

"This is a C chord." Zeke instructs, putting my fingers in the right place, sitting behind me.

"Right, so your song is a D chord and then a C chord?" I ask, he smiles.

"You catch on quick." He comments, smiling.

"Thanks. Do you want a chocolate?" I ask, reaching forward to get the box he bought me.

"You got them."

"They are delicious, and you are very sweet." I whisper, tapping his nose and smiling.

Zeke reaches his hand out and traces the scar on my head.

"Im so sorry." He whispers.

"For what?" I ask, confused.

"For not fighting for you and letting him hurt you, i felt useless." He whispers, looking into my eyes.

"Zeke, he had a gun to my head, there was nothing you could do." I point out.

"I know but i couldn't see you hurt. Let me make it up to you."

"How are you going to that? You're already giving me guitar lessons."

"Let me take you out to dinner." He offers, i look up at him, smiling.

"Like a date?"

"If you want it to be."

"Okay."

"Are you free tonight?" He asks.

"Yeah."

"I'll pick you up in two hours." He says, taking his guitar from me and strolling out.

"Pepper!" I shout as i sprint around the house.

"Yes." She appears in the kitchen.

"I have a date!" I announce.

"Really? Who with?"

"Zeke."

"Aww. Quick go get ready then." She orders.

I jump in the shower, put on my make up covering up the cuts and stitches as best as i can. Then i put on a simple purple dress and curl my hair. I then go out into the living room.

"How do I look?" I ask, spinning around in my heels.

"Beautiful." Pepper says, smiling. My dad stands next to her, drinking scotch. He sighs.

"What?" I question, giving him a look.

"Remember your promise. You promised to be careful."

"And i will be."

A horn beeps outside and i stroll to the door. Zeke climbs out of his cheap black car and comes to the door. He is dressed in a shirt and trousers, smiling from ear to ear.

"Hey, you look beautiful." He comments, kissing my left cheek, i smile sweetly.

"Thank you. You look handsome." I reply. He opens the door for me and i climb into his car.

"Where are we going?" I ask as he starts the car.

"A Italian restaurant."

"Are you 17?"

"Yes. How old are you?"

"16 next month." I reply. I fiddle with the bottom of my dress.

"Don't be nervous." He says.0

"You catch on quick." I quote what he said earlier, he responds with a laugh.

Zeke pulls into the restaurants car park and opens the car door for me.

"How did you get a reservation here, it's packed."

"That's for me to know and for you to never find out." He teases, slipping his fingers between mine, fitting perfectly.

"Sorry, is this making you uncomfortable?" He asks, smiling.nervously.

"No, its making me comfortable."

He leads me in and pulls a chair out before he sits on his own seat. We order drinks and i order pasta, Zeke orders lasagna.

"How did you form your band?" I ask.

"We have all been friends for about 6 years, since primary school and we decided to enter a talent contest in secondary school. Then everyone said how good we were, we did a few parties and the media found out about us. Your dad found out about us and loaned us £500 to get ourselves set up for a bit, and he asked to play at the launch party." He explains, i sit there, seeing him so happy about his hobby. I love seeing him happy.

"Wow. You were amazing." I point out.

"How did you find your dad?" He asks, i tense slightly.

"Im sorry. Forget i asked." He says.

"No, it's fine." I insist as i explain to him everything.

"That's terrible." He mumbles as he takes my hands in his over the table.

The food arrives and we eat while talking about school, he is in Sixth Form at a different local school and i explain to him about my school situation, but leave out Jacob. Then we have pudding and soon it's gone midnight, my phone starts to vibrate in my pocket. I pull it out and see its my dad.

"Im sorry, i have to get this." I apologise.

"Its alright. I'll get the bill."

"I can pay."

"Nope. I will pay." He insists.

"Thank you." I smile and answer the phone.

"Yes?"

"Skye, where are you? It's gone midnight." My dad asks.

"We are just paying. I'll be home soon."

"Okay."

"Stop worrying." I end the call.

Zeke pays, even after i fight him about it. Then he drives me home.

When we reach home, he opens the door for me and walks me to the door. His hand clasps mine tighter and i smile at him.

"Are you expected a goodnight kiss?" He asks, stopping at the door.

"I don't know. This is my first date." I admit.

Zeke places his hands on my cheeks and answers his own question, with a sweet kiss. My heart races and i tingle all over.

"Zeke." I whisper.

"I'll see you tomorrow for your guitar lesson." He points out as he strolls back to his car, giving me one last smile, he drives away. I step in, trying to hide the massive smile on my face.

"Aww. She's smiling, that's a great sign!" Pepper points out as i step through the door.

"It was amazing!" I whisper as i hug her.

"And so was the goodnight kiss." I whisper into her ear. She grins and gasps at the same time.

I skip back into my bedroom, take a quick shower and go to bed, the dreams take over. Sweet dreams of my first kiss that i just had.