Chapter 24 - Equal

After school, Scott and I started walking to her home. I never really realized it before, but I started calling his house my home. I guess now that I've been living there for almost 2 months now, I've just really felt so loved there I just sort started calling it that... I guess.

I kind of hope to know that Scott would bring up the fact of my power's at dinner. I mean, don't get me wrong I love feeling appreciated, and special, but I don't want the fact that I'm getting better to reflect on Scott. I mean, Scott's dad is a little judgemental, but Scott is amazing, much more amazing than I am... I just don't know his dad will think that way.

His dad sees everything in a sort of... quantitative manner. The more you have the better you are. Now that I have more powers than Scott, I don't want his father to think that he is below me. I will always be below Scott, he's the hero. I wouldn't be able to be as great as a leader as he is anyway. I'm too shy. Well, mostly anyway.

We got back to the house, and Connie was waiting there for us. She had some snacks out for Scott, and some water out for me. After the first week she realized that I didn't really like any drinks other than water, so she always had one ready for me when I got home. Scott grabbed his food, me my water, and we ran upstairs.

"Don't do anything stupid boys!" She yelled.

"We won't!" We replied in unison, looking at each other and laughing. "Boys..." I heard Connie mumble. She was kind of right though. I have been realizing more lately that these 'normal' things make me really happy. And I have the Hoying family to thank, I will never have anyway of repaying them though... that bothered me a little.

Scott grabbed my hand, "Stop spacing out Mitchie let's go, we need to talk!" I tensed, that made me nervous. He sensed this and said, "Calm down its nothing bad!" With that I relaxed and feel onto his comforter.

"Mitch! You have three powers!!! That's so amazing! Did you even think that was a possibility?!"

I looked over, "One, I'm going to need to calm down. Two, I definitely never thought that was a possibility. Three, did you?" I said.

He looked down, "No, actually." I laughed.

"Calm down Scott, I know how you think and what you thought of me. I knew you thought I was amazing because I had a rare power, but I also knew that you still saw me as a sidekick. I mean come on let's be honest I really was, it's not like my powers could do any real saving, and it's okay that you said that because it was true. Don't beat yourself up over nothing."

He smiled.

"Alright, how did that happen though what did you feel?" I thought about it for a little while... What did I feel?

"Well, I mostly just did it as a gut reaction. I mean, most people, when objects are flying after them, try to shield themselves in some way, that's basically all I was trying to do. Then of course in my head I was like why are you being stupid it still going to burn you but then it didn't. So, just reflexes I guess." He smiled thoughtfully.

"Mitch I have something to show you... I never really showed anyone else this, but I discover it a fee days ago... I don't really know what to do, or how to control it..." I nodded for him to go ahead. He gestured for me to move back, but I shook me head.

"Trust me I can handle it." I said using his line against him. He put his hands up snapping, and fire appeared. Wait, what?

Scot had the power of fire... I had a feeling he had three. Soon the fire went out. "So you want me to help you control it before the next mission?"

He nodded. I threw my arms around him. "See I told you... stop doubting yourself." He looked shocked, felt it too.

"But my father..."

I put my finger to his lips. "Just show him after I've helped you, and you'll be fine." He nodded, "But the first step... is believing you can do it." He nodded, confidence coming back into the emotional spectrum.

"Alrighty then, let's go!"

A/N

Yes? No? I love all of your comments don't be afraid to message me anytime!

Daily Obsession: You guys!!!!

EHAGSDLTAET: Enough - Ruut

Don't forget to follow, vote, comment, do your thang!

Love y'all!

- krazykayla721