A Chance

"Why can't I do anything RIGHT!"
Yelling this, I slammed my fist into the wall and immediately felt a sharp burst of mind-numbing pain. I looked at my knuckles and saw them at funny positions. There was blood everywhere.
"Oh, great." I lamented before I blacked out, blood oozing from my knuckle.
X----------------------------X
I opened my eyes and immediately regretted it when my eyes watered from the blinding lights of the hospital. I shut them and felt the teardrops dribbling out of my eyes as I sat up. My knuckles, and the hand they were on, were in a white plaster cast. The nurse told me that I had suffered a hairline fracture of my knuckle bone area. I forgot the details.
The treatment passed in a blur continued until the resident docs deemed me fit to rejoin the world at large. On the day I was supposed to get discharged, my final bill arrived and the grand total amounted to $99.99. I groaned-
And sat up, a pool of sweat already in full bloom on my pillow as I panted, reminiscing in the darkness about the dream. There was even a phantom pain lingering in my curled fist.  Needless to say, it took me a long time to fall back asleep that night.
X----------------------------X
I woke up, thankfully with sunlight shining into my room. Being the anti-social person that I was, I shut the curtains immediately and rolled over to get another 5 minutes of sleep. It took 10 minutes of tossing and turning aimlessly in bed for my brain to tell my body that sleeping time was over. I crawled reluctantly out of my bed and went to the hall to make breakfast.
I looked myself over in the mirror and saw that my teeth didn't exactly look like they could have won Witch Weekly's Most Charming Smile Award. So I went to my tiny bathroom to brush my teeth. Back and forth, back and forth over my teeth. That rhythm kept me going and when I finally spat out the toothpaste and gargled with water, my mouth was better than it was. At least the smell was gone. Ugh. I turned on my computer and went to the official Sidemen Web page. The top news story was a picture of all the Sidemen vlogging with the words: Insomnia 56! Get your tickets at i56.com/bookings. The program schedule was also there and it was clearly written: FIFA 15 tournament : 12 to 3 pm. Why not, 'cause I've always been good at FIFA even with a ridiculously bad team of bronzes. I booked my tickets and decided to fly over to London to see Insomnia.
X----------------------------X
Twelve hours later, I was in Gate 3 of JFK, having caught a connecting flight from Raleigh. "All passengers for Flight BA-370, please board the plane. Thank you and have a safe flight." I looked up from my pastrami on rye bread sandwich and checked my ticket. BA-370 was printed in capitals on the front. I snagged my Nike Max Air backpack(shameless product placement) and hurried to the desk, where my backpack was cleared and I had to stuff the half of the sandwich that was uneaten in a trash can. Such a shame. It was actually really good. I hurried down the metal walkway and the air hostess, a woman who looked like she had gone AWOL in the cosmetics section of Fashion World, showed me where to sit. Just some green hair dye and a pinch more white powder on her face would have done Heath Ledger proud. It really sucked for me when he died. One reappearance in another Dark Knight film would have probably taken the series past the MCU. Too bad. I sat down in my seat, tired from last night's nightmare. Takeoff was smooth with only minor bumps while we were climbing. Once we levelled out, I browsed their selection of movies until I came across 'The Avengers' and since the other movies were all ones that I had seen a million times before, I relaxed, Iron Man and Captain America destroying some evil villains and crap. I experienced Phil Coulson's death over crappy airline food. I went to sleep just when Iron Man fell from the wormhole to the Chitauri realm.
X----------------------------X
The lady in the seat next to me was tapping me and whispering, "Son, the plane's landing in 30 minutes. You might want to wake up." I rose groggily out of the seat and hit the recline button, sending the chair back into chair mode. An image popped up on our screens and a woman with heavy make-up announced, "Passengers, please prepare to leave the plane. Estimated time of arrival is 27 minutes. Thank you for flying with British Airways." My Nike Max Air backpack was on my back as I exited the plane, 35 minutes later due to slight turbulence. I took my first step on British soil(British marble technically) inside London's Heathrow airport, one of the gateways to Europe. My first thought was, 'Where's my  luggage?'
X----------------------------X----------------------------X----------------------------X----------------------------X
The waters have been tested! That sounds like I'm really scared of bathing. What.
Uh so yeah 1st chappie swag I guess?
Do u want me to do more? If you do, tell me and I'll do it. If you don't, then I'll continue this anyway. Heh.
#heathledgerjoker4life
Sorry if this seems lazy, it's 10:45 and I'm bone tired.
Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to sleep.
Ciao,
-JT