Van Helsing: First and Last.

Prologue

Today I turn 18 and I am to be given a coming of age ceremony. To become a true slayer of the lost and immortal souls. But I plan to set myself a truely high goal; to find and kill Count Dracula. I have spent years training extensively and learning about his history. studying everything my tutor gave me, reading up on his history, dating back to Vladimir III. But my brothers and I cannot find anything before this. We know that he is older than the Catholic church. But we just can't find anything to prove it. I'm defintely sure he is not older than 34 AD around the reign of the Roman empire. But we just need to this so we can find something slightly older than he is so we can kill him.

For my ceremony, I must wear a white hooded robe wile my "brothers" and "sisters" wear red robes and observe the sacred ritual. This signifys the change from Prey to Predator. I will also have the Van Helsing Slayers AND the family crest tattooed on my body using black ink, silver particles and the ashes of our fallen commrades. It may be gross but it means we have the souls of our family with us always. To fight along side us. To die with us.

My great-grandfather Abraham and my great-great-grandfather Gabriel contained Dracula in a coffin made of silver, with silver crosses placed on his bare body and leeches to drain him of the blood he stole from others.

But Dracula managed to escape and now he roams the earth with his 3 Vampire brides, Lucy, Mary and Elyzabeth, killing people as and when he pleases. Including a few of our commrades. I will be the first female Van Helsing to face Dracula and kill him.

18 years ago, on the day I was born, my mother was warding the tomb which held Dracula. We ward tombs of Vampires because silver doesn't control for as long as we would like. Just as she was about to place the final crystals, her water broke. I chose then to be born. My father, Jacob Van Helsing was out training my brothers, Lucius, Draco and Ace. So my mother gave birth to me on her own, on the floor of Dracula's tomb.

The scent of her blood must have awoken Dracula, feeding him. He escaped the tomb and drained my mother as she protected me with her body.

My father returned from training mybrothers tofind Dracula holding me, feeding me a few drops of his blood while mother gasped out her final plea for him to leave me alone.

Dracula smiled at my father and laid me in the tomb he remained "dead" in for 150 years. Wrapping me in the cloth that he lay upon that whole time, before leaving, vowing to return for me. To "free" me from this curse.

But i see this as a gift. To be a Van Helsing. Someone of true power and knowledge. A name that can destroy all creatures of the dark and save the souls of the lost.

I am Rosalice Van Helsing.

I will be the end of Dracula.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey! so this is my first book on Wattpad and I'm actually sooo excited. I hope any of you who read this enjoy it. And if you enjoy it then please tell me. I would love to write more for you.

I really hope you enjoy it.

LOTS of love

Lucy

XXX

(There was no musical inspiration for this chapter, but there will be for future chapters.)