Chapter 1

*Vix's Pov*

'Numbness...all I felt over my body was numb. I slowly turned my head over to see a black figure standing in the darkness staring at me with its piercing red eyes. It didn't move or make a sound, the aura around it felt cold and lonley as if it was longing for something... or someone. I opened my mouth to say something but all that escaped was a weak bark, the figure moved toward me cautiously. All of a sudden a bright beam of light shot through the figure and it disappeared with a howl echoing through all the darkness. Looking up I saw a beam light heading towards me, quickly trying to move away...I was too late as the light covered my whole body it felt like I was drowning. Another howl echoed through my head now as everything went black'

Slowly I fluttered my eyes open, it was another nightmare, I've had the same dream for the past week. Looking over at my clock it was 5:30am, groaning as I limped over to my bathroom to prepare for work. Turning on the water to cold and undressing myself, I sighed unhappily, life wasn't so amazing as I hoped for since moving out of my parent's kingdom a few weeks ago. Letting the water rush over my body and taking my time showering, I turned off the water and wrapped myself in a fluffy panda designed towel. I looked back into my room to see my clock it was now 6:00am, hmm it's still early, I quickly blow dyed my hair and flat ironed my short bangs so my red streaks were on the right side it made my pixie cut cuter this way. I looked into my drawers and pulled out my bra and pink panties and ontop my Coca-Cola shirt and regular jeans. My outfits weren't very bright they were always pretty plain, I slipped on my black Nike and grabbed my phone and sweater before leaving my small apartment. I quickly ran to work since I didn't feel like taking the bus or wasting money, I walked into Seven-Eleven and greeted my friend Dao who was always here before me. Another boring day I suppose, my life wasn't that great or that lame like most girls my age I had a job, lived in my own apartment and went to college to get a better future, but I was different than humans.

I was a pure-bred dragon shifter, I was able to shift whenever I pleased but my inner dragon was named Dawn, she has beautiful raven black wings to match body and purple eyes, but she's smaller than most dragons although she is powerful. My family believed I was smaller because my mate was another creature that would be smaller than an average dragon or that I was basically the runt of three older brothers who were next in line for the throne. My name was Vix Rose Death, the daughter of the Queen and King of the Night kingdom a powerful dragon shifter society, compared to other kingdoms. I have dark brown eyes with matching dark brown hair that becomes black when wet and red streaks on my bangs since the pixie cut alone made me look like a dude, I'm pretty short since I wasn't even five feet yet I'm currently 4 11", but I'll keep trying, I'm still pretty short and tan skin colored. So to sum it up I'm average little Vix, the mini dragon shifter. I was pulled out of my thoughts by a loud crash from the back of the store and I heard Dao scream from the supply room "Vixxy go figure out what happenned!" Groaning while I walked to the back of the store to see three boys around my age standing in a pile beer, I snapped at them "Hey you guys have to pay for the damages or else," one of the boy smirked and looked over at me and spoke "Or else what little lizard." Oh great.. they're stupid werewolves, better speak with Dawn about this, or it could end badly.

"Oi, Dawn you awake yet?" I asked worried.
"Yes Vix, let me take over to deal with these wolves." She answered confidently.
"Okay, but don't cause any problems for me." I let her take over for a while.

*Dawn's Pov*

H

mm so these are the stubborn mutts giving my human a problem... I growled loudly quickly catching their attention. I spoke dominatly "Oi Mutts clean up this mess and get the hell out!" They all snickered and growled back at me, oh no this ain't happening, I grabbed the buffest one out of all of them and pushed him onto the wet floor and repeated "Clean this mess and get out of the store before I beat the crap out of all of ya!" My eyes turned into a crimson deep purple from anger and they nodded slightly rolling their eyes, while I quickly threw mops at them before going back to the front of the store and letting Vix take over.

*Vix's Pov*

I quickly thanked Dawn for her help and continued to work throughout the day happily content that the dogs cleaned up the mess and were out of my hair.
~After work~
After locking up the store, I walked to my apartment, well it was another regular day besides the werewolf issue, but I guess it could have been worse. Oh yeah... my birthday was coming up in two days which would be the day I find my mate. Hmm... my mate, ever since we're hatchlings we're told that our mates will be perfect and won't rejected us they will complete us and give us power and some other things about marking on the neck, living together forever, and producing more offspring. I hope my mate doesn't mind waiting to create offsprings I want to finish college first before becoming a mother to who knows how many hatchlings. I opened the door to my apartment and jumped into bed, well now is not the time to be thinking about this, it's time to go back into my dream world. I yawned loudly not bothering to change my clothes and let sleep consume me...

Hi Lovelies, so hopefully I can publish a new chapter every Saturday! I'll try my best to do this but sorry if I don't. Well bye! Derp..