First Day Back

Don't dwell

I

She was running as fast as she could as the branches of the wood brushed on her bare legs.

"You can't hide from me forever Anastasia" a mysterious voice called after her.

As she found her way out of the woods.

I hope I lost him she says catching her breath. There's a crack noise in the woods she starts to run again , the mysterious man catches up to her and grabs her by the ankle and pulls her. She tries to hold on to the ground but she can't get a grip on it.

Anastasia wakes up to her alarm buzzing off being glad to hear it. She tells herself it was just a dream , it was just a dream. O

"Anastasia Maryanne Lewis you have at least ten minutes before your bus gets here" her mother says .

"Alright, alright mom, gee it's only 6 am can you lower your voice for the love of god"she says in annoyance.

"Maybe I'll lower it when I see you up and ready Mrs.Lewis says.

Anastasia tells herself as she looks in the mirror .

"New school year means new beginnings, no dwelling on the past that's why it's called the past right haha" she laughs nervously.

As she walks into school everyone starts to greet her. Anastasia's boyfriend Noel comes behind her with a playful nudge .

"Well someone look sizzling in their uniform" Noel says with a seducing grin while getting very close.

"I take that as an insult the uniforms are ugly and Noel were at school so please no flirting or anything like that".

Noel takes a step back putting his arms in a surrendering position.

"Hey you were gone all summer and it's the first I've seen you in months cut me some slack alright."

"Okay but promise you'll come over today I missed you alot and we can you know"she says trying to hide her laugh.

"Are you serious I can come over , over"

Noel says having the hugest grin on his face seeming like he won the lottery.

"No pervert to study" she says laughing out loud.

Noel kisses her softly on the cheek

"Sorry babe have lacrosse practice but tomorrow we can catch up" he says walking off with his friends.

She thinks to herself how she even got Noel Beckman in her hands. Summer pops back in her heads and the woods she feels an anxiety coming on. But her best friends Jai and Eleanor and April come before she goes to deep in her thoughts.

They squeak as they hug.

"Omgawwwwd it's been like forever Anastasia , so how was Netherlands was it fun , cool , amazing , pretty , fun , amazing I said that already didn't I" April says while giggling in excitement.

" April did you drink a bit of that fly juice before you got here" Jai says in a concern but amused voice while pushing April seeing if she would loose balance.

"Enough of you guys, were welcoming are best friend who's been GONE for three months and that hasn't called , texted , tweeted , kiked , or skyped us" Eleanor says in her honey-like voice.