My Love Letter

~Kimberly's P.O.V~  

Today was the day I planned to tell Adam Smith that I had a huge crush on him. I had liked him for 5 years now, and I wasn't going to run away this time. I was going to march right up to the dude and show him who was boss- by giving him a love letter and hoping he feels the same way about me.

  That morning, I practically leaped out of bed, took a quick shower, and slid into my favorite plain blue t-shirt and ripped black jeans, slipping on my giant, nerdy glasses that I had to wear because I lost my contacts.  

Coming into the kitchen, I greeted my parents with a hearty "Good morning, everyone!"  

"My, I've never seen you so happy this early in the morning," Mom said, looking at me as though I'd lost my mind. "You feeling ok?"  

Dad was cracking up, and I rolled my eyes. "Dad, it's not that funny, and yes, I'm ok, Mom."

  "So why are you so happy, Kim?" he asked. "Did you get an A on your geometry test?"

  I swallowed. "Um...haha, yeah! I did get an A! It was so easy." Avoiding his eyes, I poured myself a bowl of cereal and munched it down.

  "That's great, Sweetheart," Dad said, smiling at me and opening the newspaper. I hurriedly finished breakfast, brushed my teeth, and grabbed my school stuff.

  "Well, I'm off to school; I don't want to be late," I said. "Bye, Mom! Bye, Dad!" I was out the door before they could ask any more questions.

  ----------  

I had written the letter a while ago, agonizing over every word, and I still wasn't completely confident about it. I arrived at my locker and pondered the situation as I put some books away and took others out. I mean, what would happen if he rejected me? What if he accepted me? If I get rejected, I should-

  "Hey, Kim!"

  I jumped. It was Vanessa, my best friend. 

  "Vanessa! What the heck! I'm thinking right now!" I adjusted my glasses.

  She giggled at me. "I was trying to say 'hey' in a quiet voice, but you were too busy daydreaming to hear me." She gave me the old puppy-dog face. It worked, despite my glare.

  I motioned to her. "Come here, I need to tell you something."

  Vanessa shook her head.

  "I'm not going to hit you, you goofball! Now come here." I took her arm and dragged her closer to me. "I'm going to tell you know who... I have a crush on him." I whispered in her ear the name of my secret guy.

  Vanessa gasped. "You don't have the guts to say hi to him- we have been friends since first grade, and it took you two years to say hi to my brother, Jose!"

  The bell rang before I could protest, but I knew it was true. Hot guys made me shy and nervous, to say the least. I walked into first period and saw him, Adam, sitting in his seat and laughing at his friends' jokes. I found my seat and sat a little ways from him, looking through my backpack for the letter. I grabbed it and put it in my lap; I'd wait until the class was over before giving it to him.

  Well, that had been the plan...until it slipped from my hand and landed on the floor. Horrified, I watched as he snatched it up. He smirked at the paper and then at me. My face felt like it was on fire, and I wanted to disappear. I slid low in my seat. This could not turn out well.

  ~~~~~~~ Author Notes- Please READ, VOTE, AND FOLLOW!