Chapter 3

"Hey Harry! Ready to go?" Hermione called from the front door. I finished my toast and walked to school with her. I explained my dream to her to see what she thought. "Well you're obviously overthinking Harry. I mean, it was his own fault for going into the park, wasn't it?" I nodded and offered her a sweet from my pocket. She declined and we bumped into Ron a few streets away from school. "Alright mate?" he said, a grin on his face. "Yeah I'm ok. You looked chuffed with yourself?" He chuckled. His laughter stopped suddenly when met eyes with Hermione. "Anyway," he said quietly. I looked between them and sighed.

"See you guys at break ok? I need to meet the Draco boy again from Mr Dumbledore's office." I waved goodbye to them and knocked on the headmaster's door. He told me to enter and, sure enough, the boy was with him. I felt my stomach twist and turn whenever I looked at him. Maybe I'd just eaten something weird yesterday. "Good morning, Mr Potter. Mr Malfoy seems to have taken a shine to you more so than his other guides so I hope you don't mind doing the job for the rest of the term?" I moved my head up and down like a zombie, not really registering what was going on. The bell rang and Draco followed me to my lesson.

A few months later, it was our routine to meet him at the school gates. He would then come with me to all of my lessons and helped Hermione and I with being prefects. Ron tried to teach him about football but considering he can't score a goal himself, he wasn't the best teacher. We got on well though; all of us together.

"Harry, I need to talk to you," Ron whispered in my ear. It was the middle of a science lesson and Draco was the other side of me. "What?" I hissed back. It felt like he was ruining my time with Draco and I didn't want to talk to anyone but him. "Well it's about Hermione..." I let out a deep breath. "Ron you've had a crush on her since year six when she first joined our Primary. No, I don't know if she likes you back but I suppose you haven't heard about her boyfriend, Victor." Ron spluttered and stammered over various rude words before settling on his work again.

I looked at Draco and pulled a face to say sorry for the intrusion. He smiled back at me and I noticed how his eyes seemed to shine in that particular light... I snapped myself out of the trance and carried on with the work, trying hard to ignore the thoughts entering my brain. "Just talk to him," the voices said. "Just hold his hand!" I pushed the thoughts to the back of my mind the best I could and concentrated on the joys of ionising radiation. "Who even came up with this anyway?" I mumbled.

"I know right," Draco whispered. I sat upright, surprised at him speaking during a lesson. Everything he was taught was brand new so he often wanted to be silent and take it all in. "I'm allowed to speak Harry..." He said. I laughed and he did too. "Oh alright then smarty ferret!" He acted offended at my weedy insult. "I could take the mick out of your birth mark if you'd like?" We laughed again and Mr Lupin told us off. We said sorry but kept giggling. "Well I'm obviously magical to have such a FABULOUS birth mark." I winked at him and he smirked, moving my floppy fringe from my forehead.

Time seemed to slow as his did so and our eyes locked on to one-another's. "It's... It's a wonderful birth mark," Draco muttered. He removed his hand from my face, my lightning bolt-shaped birth mark on view. I reached out and held his hand under the desk. His cheeks turned a shade of pink and I felt my own getting hotter. After a matter of seconds, I let go and stared at the front of the classroom. Eventually, the bell rang for the next break.