Quiet Glares.

(*cringes* I absolutely hate writing first chapters, so bare with me! I promise, it gets better!)

She remembers the first time she saw him.

Eyes bright, hair tousled.

Simply laughing, slowly whispering. Walking with confidence and radiance with each stride.

He held her attention, her thoughts- eventually dreams.

Victoria, observed the curve of his biceps under his alumni jacket. The faint tattoos peppering his wrists above his cuffs. The dimples furrowing into his cheeks, when something was genuinely funny.

She recalls the subtleness of his touch to the beautiful brunette, aimlessly following behind him. The way he corrected her book choices, or hushed her through the iles.

They were loud; obnoxious.

Something maddening, but something all together alluring.

Victoria couldn't seem to take her eyes off him; even if she wanted to. Even if she could- she wouldn't. Any other distraction would be welcomed, but there was only him.

He was like something she'd read, maybe seen in a dream.

The pull of him, was frightening. His existence, was baffling.

The library was no longer sanctified. No longer quiet of traveling thoughts, or heaps of concentration. Getting lost in literature, or cramming for tests.

Now it was, watching; wondering; silencing.

she came there often, much like other students.

But unlike most, her agenda was dizzying.

He was quite juvenile, she thought. Running around a library, with no consideration to others; no boundaries or contemplation.

But every time Victoria decided to forget, or go back to the words of Johnnie Cochran in her hands. There was a tinge of wonder; the mystery always getting the better of her.

She continued to watch; to perceive anything and everything. Unintentionally falling into his trap.

Leading her to more and more, until she sometimes couldn't stomach it.

Couldn't understand how outgoing and acquainted he was with everyone. How lucid he'd speak in conversations. How intelligent his mind had grown all in a span of months.

Opposite of everyone; better than anyone.

Out of the many weeks that corresponded, he never once saw her.

Not even on the stillest mornings, or slowest nights- did he recognize the ocean blue eyes burning holes through him.

He'd always find something more favorable; more important. Discovering ignorance in the way she looked at him; watching him from afar.

Victoria was background noise to his daily routine. Nonexistent, when it came to studying; or gazing at the angelic brunette beside him.

Small moments of his day, overshadowed her life.

Pathetic is the only way Victoria could feel at her risen disappointment, that, and embarrassed.

She found herself swelling with frustration at each unnoticed cough, or drop of her notebook.

It's as if he was making a mockery of her deliberately, yet, he's never made any detection of the sort.

The only thing worse than being ridiculed, was being invisible.

And as the days proceeded, that's all she was to him. A phantom.

Harvard boy. That was a step below whatever his real name was. Knowing he was more apart of this place than the vintage paintings lining the walls. She'd refer to him this way.

He fit in; he belonged.

Being bigger than who he thought; the idea of him was bigger than himself.

She'd resolve to put him in the back of her mind, but will always find how impractical that is.

(Sorry! First chapters are my worst!)