Chapter 1

Destiny's POV

I stumble down the stairs. Mrs. Cannas smiles at me. "Early again, I see." She says smiling, before placing a steaming pile of biscuits in front of me. A lot of the other kids don't like her. But I do. I've been in her care since I was 2 weeks old. She's like the mother I never had. She was my mother's best friend and my father's ex-girlfriend. My mom named her my guardian. She runs a busy orphanage with her husband and 13 year old daughters. Grace Rose, the most annoying girl at the orphanage and her younger brother, Samuel, who isn't as annoying but still a pain in the rear end come in. And sit at the other end of the table. Mr. Cannas comes in and looks at his wife. "Maybella," he says. She nods and follows him to the parlor. A few minutes later, she comes out and beckons me to go in. "Before you go in, I want you to know that I will always love you." I smile and walk inside. There, waiting is a woman who looks vaguely familiar to me. She stands up when I walk in. She holds out her hand. "Jemma Middleton." Jemma? That makes her look even more familiar. "My husband and I want to adopt you." "Who's your husband? You look vaguely familiar. Like I've seen you before. And heard your voice." I ask her in the car. She smiles. "You certainly know him. He's The Diamond Minecart."