~Chapter 2: Good Night~

Your POV: 

    You follow close behind the man and woman as they lead you further down alleyways and around sharp corners. You trailed a few metres away from them, so to stay a relatively safe distance away from them. You risk a few glances around, every alley seemed the same, dimly lit, stuffy and empty, but both of them seemed to know exactly when to turn and where to go. You all turn the next corner, then they both stop. 

    "Why are you stopping?" You say, cautiously keeping your hands close to your swords. 

    "Relax," The man says, raising his hands up, "just look over there, two buildings down on the right." 

    You glance over to where he was indicating for the briefest of seconds before turning back to him, "There's a sort of indent in the building," You say, "What about it?" 

    "That indent is the entrance to the agency." The woman says, going to stand next to the man. They both stand before you with unreadable faces. 

    "Then what are we waiting for?" You ask impatiently. Your two hours were almost up and you didn't want to have Kurapika frantically looking for you just because these two wanted to take a break, "Let's go!" 

    "Listen Kid," The man says in a calm voice, "you really shouldn't head in there yet. They'll turn you down right at the door."

    "What do you mean?" You ask.

    "He means that your nen isn't strong enough. You're not ready." The woman says. 

    "Well I'm going in anyways. I need to know whether or not that really is the agency." 

    "Look I already told-" The man starts, but you cut him off. 

    "I already know what you said! But I need to know for sure that that is the agency, then when I'm ready I'll come back, okay?" You insist.

    The couple stare at each other with unsure glances, exchanging thoughts without even having to speak. Then they turn to you and nod and they guide you the rest of the way. 

     You push through the doors alone, only to be greeted by a woman sitting alone at a desk. She sat before you in a dark and dreary room. The only light came from the laptop on the desk. You move closer to see the features of the woman; she was extremely skinny, so much so that you could see bone. She had many piercings as well as tattoos decorating her face and body. Her short hair was styled up to the left of her head by what can only be gel. She wore a tight tube dress, even though it was a cold fall day. You could sense this feeling of superiority coming off of this woman, but you had know idea why.

    "Can I help you?" She asks. 

    "I'm looking for the agency that can help me get a bodyguard job." You say timidly. 

    "Go home kid." She says, looking back at her computer. 

    "Excuse me?" You cross your arms over your chest. 

    "You heard me, leave. You're not ready to get a job here." 

     You are about to retaliate, but your eyes catch the clock sitting on her desk. By the looks of it, you had less than ten minutes to get back to Kurapika. 

    "Just tell me, is this the agency or not?" 

    The woman looks you over before answering, "Yes this is the place." 

    "Thank you." You turn and push back out of the doors. You notice that both the woman and man had already gone. Without much care on that matter, you broke into a sprint to the place you were to meet Kurapika at.