Ch. 3

Dedicated to my new and pretty awesome friend: yourlilkitty

Y'all should check out her stories!

And picture of Mable to side

-xXlivingalieXx 

Chapter 3

“What a shame we all became such fragile, broken things.

A memory remains just a tiny spark.

I give it all my oxygen,

To let the flames begin

Oh, glory.

Oh, glory.

This is how we'll dance when,

When they try to take us down.

This is what will be oh glory.”

My hand slammed down on the alarm clock searching for the button to shut it up. As much as I love Let the Flames Begin by Paramore, I wasn’t in much of the mood to wake up from a deep sleep to it blaring at full volume. My legs swung over the side of the bed and hit the cold wood with a thud.

I stood, stretched, and walked over to the closet while yawning and scratching my belly. I grabbed a black hoodie with a white heart on it and a pair of faded black jeans with holes in them. I looked in the mirror and saw how I seemed like the ‘epitome’ of beauty. My hair, still in the ponytail I put it in, was tangled, frizzed and everywhere. I knew it would hurt to take it out. My blue eyes had clashing black circles under them. The clothes I wore that night where wrinkled and every which way. Epitome of beauty all right.

I put on the clothes I chose out and started to work on the rats nest. I winced at every tug and pull as I tried to get the strings of my hair untangled from the band. Finally getting it free, I worked on brushing out my hair, which was not easy. About midway through of brushing out tangles I gave up and threw it into another ponytail.

Grabbing my bag, I went down stairs and popped two chocolate chip waffles into the toaster and got my high top black convers on. The toasted went pop and I grabbed my hot waffles. I put them in a napkin after tossing them back and forth in my hands saying “hot, hot, hot”

I grabbed my keys and walked out to my car. After opening it I tossed my bag into the passenger seat and got into my seat. I drove out of my neighborhood, Fireflight playing on my radio and eating my waffles. I tapped on my steering wheel to the beat of the song as I listened to the music. I got to school and got out of my car pulling my bag onto my shoulder. I towed the napkin that used to hold my delicious waffles and threw it into my car letting it get lost.

“Hey Skye,” A voice yelled. I turned and saw Mable waving and bringing Olivia with her.

I quickly turned and stared walking the other way, to no use. They quickly caught up to me.

“Hey girly, you okay, you look upset,” Mable said walking next to me

“Didn’t get much sleep,” I mumbled not looking up and walking faster

“Hey look if it’s what Jackson did yesterday, I’m sure he’s sorry,” Mable said keeping up with me

“Just leave it,” I said and stopped at my locker trying to open it.

“But Skye-“

“Mable lets go,” Olivia said tugging on her arm

Mable looked at me obviously upset and walked away. I sighed not liking how I have to push everyone away. I grabbed my books out of my locker and slammed it shut. The halls started to fill with more people and the noise grew louder as I walked to put my stuff in my first. I looked down and wasn’t really paying attention when I bumped into what felt like a brick wall.